07 - Above the time

Cia's Notes : Please listen to 'Above the time' by IU while reading this chapter
*****

"Does he still remember me?" - Pran

PRAN's POV

IN FRONT OF OLD HOUSE (EVENING)

"Hello stranger"

"Oh! It's you!" I say acting surprised

"You mean your retro guy" he smirks

He really hasn't changed a bit. Still pulls off his retro style and his flirting skills are still the same.

"You live up to your style," I said to which he laughed.

"Thank you. I'll take that as a compliment"

"It is a compliment and how can you look the same. You have the same style, just like two years ago. It feels like even if I was here after 10 years, you would have looked the same"

"Forever handsome! Maybe" he says with a goofy smile to which we both laughed.

"How are you?"

"I'm still upset. You were supposed to come sooner"

"I know. It's just that things never worked out and had to postpone the plan for several other reasons"

"Does that mean you missed me?"

"M-missing you? Y-you can say that I missed you and the Q-city too"

"You did miss me. You just had to close your eyes and demand my presence, who knows I might have showed up"

"Yeah, people call it social media nowadays and not telepathy, but it would have been impossible to find you as there is no trace of the network here"

My cheeks turned red when I realized he was directly staring at me all the while I was busy blabbering.

"Looks like you never left this place," I asked again, trying to concentrate.

"I'm kind of stuck here for quite some time now"

"So, you are working here?"

"Yes. I teach kids here in nearby school"

"You are a teacher? You don't look much older. Looks like you were offered the job as soon as you graduated?"

"Well, I came here to visit this place but stayed back because of someone and it led me to take a job here," he says.

For some reason, his words panged my heart. Am I being jealous?

"So that certain someone is still in the picture?" I asked again as my curiosity kicked in, but I don't really want to know the answer.

"It's a little complicated but that person is not here anymore"

Should I be happy?

"Then what is holding you back here. You can get a good job if you move to the city?"

"It's just that this place holds a lot of memory and I'm part of it"

Did he say memory?

"Holds what?" I asked again.

"You will know it when the time comes Nanon," he said and started walking leading us the way.

He really doesn't remember me. How can he not remember me when he was always in my mind but here he goes calling me with different names or he is doing it on purpose?

"You don't really remember me! do you?" I asked again pissed.

"Maybe, maybe not!" he started laughing loudly which pissed me off more.