Chapter two

CHAPTER TWO: cafe & Cullens

🅨🅞🅤 🅑🅔🅛🅞🅝🅖 🅦🅘🅣🅗 🅤🅢

NICKLAUS SWAN SAT NEXT TO HIS FATHER AT THE CARVER CAFE. Bella is sitting in the other seat. Klaus hadn't said much to her, finding it difficult to start a conversation. It didn't help that Bella also was a terrible conversationalist.

It was late in the afternoon; Klaus planned to go and visit Alice and Jasper. But, first, he was going to have lunch with his father. They always did that if Charlie wasn't working.

Cora placed their food down, Klaus's being a burger with fries; Bella has gotten the same thing but a bit of salad on the side. Charlie had gotten a stake.

"Can't get over how grown up you are. And so gorgeous." Cora smiled.

Bella looks at her father, then her brother. Klaus sees how nervous she is, so he forces a smile. He was also a bit awkward, nowhere near as uncomfortable as Bella. "I'm still the better-looking twin, though."

Cora laughs, messing up his hair a bit.

Waylon walks up to them. "Hi, Bella. You remember me? I was Santa one year."

Charlie sighed. "Waylon, she hasn't had a Christmas here since she was four."

"Bet I made an impression, though."

"You always do." Charlie muttered.

"Butt-crack Santa, Bell," Klaus told the girl.

"Yeah, yeah," Bella nods, smiling. "Yeah, no, I remember. Klaus kept making jokes for the rest of that day."

"Hey, kids, love those little bottles, though," Waylon speaks, gesturing with his hand.

"Let the girl eat her burger, Waylon," Cora told the man, then turning to Bella. "As soon as you're done, I'll bring your favorite - berry cobbler. Remember? Your dad still has it. Every Thursday. Klaus, I will bring you something with chocolate."

Klaus gave her a thumbs up, continuing to chew his food. Bella and Charlie had reached for the ketchup, Charlie handing it to her.

"I'm going to be back by ten," Klaus announced. "I'm going to visit the Cullens."

"I still think that Jasper boy is to hold for you," Charlie replied.

You have no idea. Klaus hid his smile, taking a big of his burger. He held a finger up. "Dad, I'm a junior. So, if you think about it, technically, he's only a few months older than me."

"Nine," Charlie says.

"Nine-thirty?" Klaus tried to bargain.

"Eight-thirty."

Klaus paused, looking at his father. "That's not how it's supposed to go. Fine, nine."

🅨🅞🅤 🅑🅔🅛🅞🅝🅖 🅦🅘🅣🅗 🅤🅢

Klaus knocked on the Cullen's door, Carlisle opening the door a few seconds later. The older man smiled. "Klaus, we were unaware you were coming over."

"Oh, is now a bad time?" the brunette asked. "I texted Alice and Jasper-"

"Klaus!" Alice cheered, speeding to him; Carlisle quickly moved out of the way, smiling at how his daughter lit up around the human.

Alice jumped forward, kissing Klaus, before pulling him inside. The brunette boy almost fell with how quick the shorter girl was moving. "We've got something to show you."

"What did you and Jasper do?" Klaus questioned.

The last time she had said that she and Jasper had a surprise, he was in a whole new state for three days.

He was grounded for a month.

"I can stay until nine," Klaus told her, who dragged him on the back porch, smiling when he had seen Jasper.

Jasper returned the smile, walking over to Klaus and pulling the brunette into a kiss. "Hold on tight."

Klaus, a bit confused, wrapped his arms around Jasper, who jumped into the air. Alice followed fight behind them.
🅨🅞🅤 🅑🅔🅛🅞🅝🅖 🅦🅘🅣🅗 🅤🅢

{603}