The one with the gestures

"And then what happened?"

"I said...well, I said I'd love to, if that was okay with her." Kelley couldn't hold the laugh that came out if her mouth at Parkers response. Parker was on international duty and had been briefing Christen, Tobin and Kelley on what has recently gone on as they say in the dressing room waiting to go on the field. She'd consider these 3 the closest to her on the team, not that she didn't love all the girls, but these three are the girls she'd trust her life with.

"Parker I fucking love you." Kelley said, still trying to get her laughing under control.

Parker just shrugged and went through her routine.

"Did you see what she posted on Instagram?" Christen asked as she scrolled on her phone, talking to the other girls, assuming Parker would have seen it.

"Show me." Kelley demanded before leaning over Christens shoulder. "Awwww, little Parker is growing up! Look at her with her whole ass girlfriend."

Parker took a few moments for her teammates words to actually sink in. "Wait, what?" She mumbled before walking over to Christen who gladly held out her phone with said photo on the screen.

HaileeSteinfeld: missing you already

It was a picture Griffin had taken off them as the siblings dropped her off at the airport so she could board her plane to Canada for the friendly, Hailee had joked that Parker wouldn't be able to board the plane if she has the extra weight in her baggage. Parker quickly proved her wrong when she proved she could walk around with ease with Hailee on her back.

"She totally just told the world that she's seeing you. Well, not you, because you can't tell...but also, who cares she totally just told everyone!" Kelley exclaimed as she ruffled Parker's hair. "Now, I love you, I'm happy for you, but I need you to do your weird superstition shit because we need you tonight." Kelley advised as she put her AirPods into Parker's ears.

Parker allowed Kelley to put them back in, thankful when her usual playlist began in her ears. She went by her routine, taking the AirPods out at the last possible moment before they had to walk on the pitch. If she's being honest she didn't hear much of the music, she was too busy focusing on Hailee's post. Kelley was right, she didn't tag Parker or anything because they haven't discussed that, however she openly posted about her. Openly admitting that she was with her...without admitting it was her. She knew it would be a conversation they'd have at some point, but for now, she wanted to show Hailee a gesture back.

As she lined up in the tunnel her mind flashed back to when she said goodbye to Hailee at the airport, she'd had her hand on Hailee's cheek and she kissed the inside of Parker's wrist, right over the pulse point. The team began walking out and Parker made up her mind.

As she approached the touch line, she turned backwards and tapped the okay symbol twice on her thigh, reassuring her dad that she's okay, where as she would usually turn back around, she instead brought her hand up to her mouth and placed a kiss on her innover wrist, directly on the pulse point. She knows Hailee is watching the game, she just hopes she sees and understands the small gesture.