3: Look Who's Coming To Dinner

"Good to see you're alive.". 

If you had asked Jun to bet on what Aizawa Shota's first words to him after nearly 6 years those words would not be it. His guess would be closer to 'you have the right to remain silent'. 

Technically he had said 'Jun' before that, but that didn't really count. 

The former villain took the meat off the burner immediately, cursing under his breath when he saw that it had burned a little on one side. "Can we have this conversation after I've put this in the oven?" He asked, not really looking for an answer. 

As instructed the two sat down at the kitchen table, watching and waiting for Jun to finish up. Katsuki pulled his phone out and started answering work emails. Aizawa seemed a little shocked by the reaction. 

"Honestly we've had more surprises than an old teacher in the past week." Katsuki said. Aizawa nodded slowly, not quite sure how to respond. 

Eventually Jun was done with the meat. He made some tea, ever the proper host, and set everything down on the kitchen table. 

"So where do you want to start?" Jun asked. Aizawa took a deep breath. 

"I thought I'd never see you again after that day at U.A." Aizawa revealed, "You and the rest of the league fled and never came back even after the government put that statement out saying they wanted to speak with you.". 

"Would you have come back?" Jun asked. Aizawa didn't respond. The request to return to Japan and talk had come far too quickly for it to be legitimate. They just wanted to arrest them. 

"I was worried about you." The teacher continued. That shocked Jun. "You were so fragile at the time. Bakugou was pretty upset after the breakup too, but he had his friends. You were pretty alone and then you killed several people, so I thought you'd self destruct overseas somewhere.". 

"I very nearly did." Jun said, then his lips curved into a smile. "In fact I have you to thank. I left for Hokkaido but was nearly caught so I fled overseas. I stayed there for a little over a year and when I returned I ran into Katsuki on the training camp trip you planned.". 

"The Hokkaido trip." Aizawa said, realization dawning on him. "That's why you disappeared. We had police looking all over for you.". 

"What the hell was I supposed to do? Just go back to camp and not spend time with him?" Katsuki grumbled. Jun smiled a little. 

"Well that clears that up. How long have you two been living together?" Aizawa asked. 

"Since I graduated high school." Katsuki said, "I wanted to move to Tokyo anyways, we bought an apartment here and settled down, so to speak. Jun bought it technically". 

Aizawa understood that. You were never truly 'settled down' as a pro hero. And that was from a man with a house, husband and child. 

"Thank you." Jun said suddenly, "For helping me that day. Its a painful memory but I would have been stuck there as that psychopath's pet forever if you and Present Mic hadn't helped Katsuki find me.". 

"I'd like to thank you for holding on for so long." Aizawa replied, "You didn't think anyone was coming to save you except the league, who were in hiding. Yet you had faith and kept yourself going.". 

Jun considered that for a second before a small smile worked its way onto his face. He didn't like Aizawa, but he had still saved him. He was thankful and respected the man for that. 

"So what are you up to now?" The teacher asked, "I know Bakugou's climbed the hero ranks like they were a step ladder, but what have you been doing?".