6: Well Hello There Pt. 2

Several hours prior Jun and Aizawa had been called out because, miraculously, they had discovered the hiding place of the hero they were searching for. 

It was only about 10 minutes away by car, so they piled into the only one available, Kurogiri's Subaru, and drove down to the place. 

Unfortunately when they got there it was literally on fire. 

"So..." Jun said, "This is something.". 

"Oh good, you're here." A police woman said. Jun had worked with her once before and managed a smile. 

"So, who am I here to capture someone or interview them?" He asked. The officer sighed. 

"Our man got away and now the house fire is drawing all of our attention away from his getaway." She explained. "The main problem right now is we don't know if he's kidnapped a child or not.". 

"Excuse me?" Aizawa asked, suddenly making his presence known. The officer gave him a cautious look so he flashed his hero license. "I was assigned to this case alongside Mizuno." He explained, "And what was that about a child?". 

"Well the hero we were tracking, Mr. Metal, took in a foster child with the intention of adopting her in the near future. She's only 10 months old. Now, he lost parental rights over her the moment a warrant was put out for his arrest, so if he's taken her with him then its a kidnapping." The woman explained, her voice and posture tense. 

Jun nodded along, but his eyes traveled to the house. 

"Did they take a car?" He asked suddenly. The officer nodded her head. 

"Not theirs, the owner of the house, Mr. Metal's wife's sibling's vehicle was used at the getaway car.". Wow that was a mouthful. Jun looked over at the car still parked in the driveway. 

Suddenly he was walking over to the car. His quirk burst out of his back and slammed right through the car's back seat window, setting off the alarm. 

"What are you doing?!" Aizawa asked, appalled. Jun reached through the broken window and unlocked the car. The door opened to reveal a pretty standard backseat with one detail that made the pro hero's mouth dry up. 

"Her car seat is still here. She's still inside or someone else has taken her." Jun announced. The emergency personnel nearby paled. 

"Its not stable enough to go inside." One of the firefighters said, sounding regretful. "There's no way we can enter the building safely.". 

"Then I'll do it unsafely." Jun said simply, walking towards the building. Aizawa grabbed the kid's arm and pulled him back.

"You can't just walk into a burning building." He said, "If you don't melt or have it collapse on you you'll suffocate.". 

"Good to know." Jun said blankly. The tentacle he had out grabbed a mask from a nearby firefighter's neck and placed it on Jun's face right as he entered the building. 

Jun found the biggest problem was how quickly his quirk was evaporating. 

As he tried to navigate the flaming halls his quirk covered arms became more and more uncovered. 

But he was sweating an impossible amount as well so it came back quickly. He wasn't even touching the floor at this point, just letting the tentacles created by his quirk handle it for him as he moved a blob around, searching for the missing child. 

Those nearly sentient tentacles were a huge perk of his quirk evolution. As much trouble as they caused they were incredibly handy. 

Then he heard it. Upstairs somewhere there was the unmistakable cry of an infant.