4: Talk It Out

"So, you two know each other?" Whoever the hell this man was said, taking a sip of his coffee. 

Jun clicked his tongue. He should already be back at the office by now. In fact he should be on his lunch break.

Yet here he was at the hero commission because nosy pants mc teacher face had decided that getting his bag back from a thief was worth a whole board meeting. 

Well, not really. It was just the three of them. But it was basically the same thing .

"He's dating a former student of mine. I met them last night for a quick visit." Aizawa responded. The man raised an eyebrow. 

"There's an office romance if I'd ever seen one." He commented. "I never would have expected it. A hero and an independent.". 

"Independent?" Aizawa parroted. The man nodded. 

"Its short for independent contractor." Jun interrupted. He turned back to the random detective. "Since you know who I am I think you also know that I keep my own hours. I'll be going now unless this is urgent and involves me in any way.". Jun grabbed his back pack and started getting out of his seat. 

"It does." The man said. Jun sat back down shooting him an exasperated expression. "You had quite the incident today on the train. Quite the public incident." The man said, raising an eyebrow at Jun. 

"I was just getting my bag back." He defended, "Anyone would have done that in my position.". 

"You broke two of her ribs." The man deadpanned. 

"Whoops.". 

"This is serious, Jun." Aizawa scolded. Jun rolled his eyes. "I break people's ribs all the time, this is hardly a big deal." He responded. 

"That woman was a gang member." The detective-hero commission dude said. 

"So? I've broken plenty of gang member's ribs before too. Actually probably more than any other profession." Jun shot back. 

"We were tracking her in connection with the other hero at Copper's agency." The man interrupted. "We didn't know she had her eyes on you or those files. We think she's trying to protect the unnamed hero.". 

"So you want us to go out there and correct all of this? Find out why that hero is gang affiliated and bring you everyone we find along the way?" Jun clarified. He just wanted to get out of here. 

"In short, yes." The man said, a little disgruntled by the plain language the former villain was using. 

"Good. See, I knew the words were in there somewhere." Jun said, standing up and facing Aizawa. "Have fun on your vacation but I'll take it from here. Nice seeing you again.". He held his hand out to shake the heroes. 

"You'll be working alongside Eraserhead for the time being. He's one of the three heroes assigned to the case. Think of him as your muscle and consultant.". 

"I'd rather not think of him all, if I'm being honest." Jun said, "He now knows way more about my sex life that I was ever comfortable with.". 

Aizawa had half a mind to smack the kid. And yes, he was still a kid. 

Honestly he had been so befuddled by the chill act back at the apartment that he almost forgot how much of a little shit Mizuno Jun was. He was cunning, quick and ambitious. He genuinely wondered how he and Bakugou Katsuki shared a house, let alone a life without ripping each other's heads off. 

"I suppose we'll be getting used to each other." Aizawa said, "I don't have an office here so we can get a room in the commission for you and whoever you work with to stay during the investigation-"