ONE

Dear Wanda,

I used to think one day, we'll tell the story of us... How we met and the sparks flew instantly. People always tell us we're the lucky ones.

I remember the day we met. I was walking through the Avenger compound when I bumped into you. I have heard from Natasha that there was a new recruit but I have just gone back from a mission and haven't met you yet. You were quick to apologize, your voice soft and I felt caught in your mesmerizing green eyes.

There was something about you that made me want to know more. Find out more. I introduced myself and held out my hand. You took it with a sweet smile as I greeted you. You admit to being part of Hydra and I told you that I was part of Hydra too before the Avengers rescued me.

I showed you around the compound that day and I knew I never wanted to let you go. I thought you felt the same...

I used to know my place was a spot next to you. But now I'm searching the room for an empty seat. All I want to know is what page you're on.

The day I knew I would always have a spot next to you was the first morning when you were at the compound. You walked in late but I saved you a seat next to me. I waved you over and you grinned, giving me the intoxicated smile you know I can never avoid. Everyone was wary of you but I wasn't.

A simple complication and our miscommunication lead to this fall out. There are so many things I wish you knew, but you have so many walls up that I just can't break through. Remember that night when I first told you that you will always look beautiful? I wasn't kidding. You're still so beautiful in my eyes. That night when we had a fight, I didn't know what I did wrong but I knew you still look so beautiful when you're mad.

I could never leave you and I was so afraid of the outcome. And then you walked out of my room and never looked back. All I want is to hold you in my arms. If you were given a chance, would you allow me to hold you in my arms?

Now I'm standing alone in a crowded room and we're not speaking. I'm dying to know, is it killing you like it's killing me? I don't know what to say since the twist of fate and we broke down. The story of us looks so much like a tragedy now...

How did we end up this way? I'm just standing here trying to look busy but you're doing you're doing your best to avoid me. What did I do wrong? Everything was so perfect. Then it wasn't. I felt like I'm missing a really important piece of the story.

You told me I did nothing wrong. That I did everything right. To this day I still don't understand what you meant by that. If I did everything right, why did you leave? Why did you leave me there broken in pieces and walk off as if it didn't bother you.

Please give me some answers.

I'm starting to think one day, I'll tell the story of us. How I was losing my mind when I saw you standing there perfectly. But you held your pride like how you should've held me. I'm scared to see the ending, Wanda. Why are we pretending this is nothing? This isn't nothing. You hurt me. You hurt me so bad, Wanda. I'll tell you I miss you but I don't know how, you won't even look at me. I don't think I've ever heard silence quite this loud.

I felt so lost when you disappeared for five years during the snap. But you barely acknowledged my existence after you came back. But I've move on. (At least that's what you told yourself) I know you have too. I know how hard Vision's death is to you and I hope you know you'll always have a place with me if you need somewhere to crash. 

You know I'll always wait for you. But I think this is it. I can't do this anymore. I can't watch you fall in love with someone else while you left me there standing. I was ready to settle down with you, you know? But I guess you didn't feel the same way. 

I moved out of the compound a while ago, thought you might want to know. I hope New Jersey is treating you well. 

Love,

Y/n Y/l/n