EIGHT

You have been alone for as long as you could remember. But then Wanda came into your life and everything changed. She showed you that love is possible, that you aren't loveless.

But then she left. You should've expected it really. Everyone in your life left, so what would make Wanda any different? It doesn't matter how much you gave them, it doesn't matter if you love them with all of your heart, none of it matters in the end.

You weren't enough. You weren't enough to make them want to stay. You weren't enough for them. End of story.

But when Wanda left, you were more confused than you had ever been. She told you that you were enough, she told you that you did nothing wrong. What does it mean when she said you did everything right? If you did everything right, why did she still leave you standing in the dust?

All you want is to know what made her run from you. What made her move on so quickly? She was with Vision before you could even blink and it hurts you more than you're willing to admit.

And even as you followed Monica and Jimmy out into another camp that definitely does not belong to SWORD, questions still lingered in your mind. Why just leave?

There was something in the air that day. It felt weird and familiar. You could feel your magic flaring but you fought to keep it down, they don't need a magic explosion out of nowhere.

You have had powers for as long as you could remember. You knew it intensified during the night and often you found yourself staying past your bedtime in the orphanage. You remember sitting by the window and staring up at the stars as blue magic flickered at the tip of your fingers. You remember the magical feeling you felt. The sensation that always makes you feel warm. Your magic understands you.

But then at the same time, there was the feeling of loneliness when you realize no one else could do what you can do. You tried not to let it bother you, but it was always there in the back of your mind.

So when the Avengers, a group of definitely-not-normal people took you in, you finally found a home. You found a home in Natasha, you found a home in Wanda. Maybe the Avengers are different than how you picture them to be, but it's a home, and you never had one. So it was a welcome change.

Turning away from the conversation you were having with Jimmy, your glance focused on Monica.

You knew what Monica was doing, you knew that she wanted to go back into the hex but you doubted her ability to even come back from it. But you still watched from the sideline as they lined up the truck and prepared to send Monica in.

And of course the experiment failed because Wanda wouldn't be Wanda if she allowed a simple military truck into the hex. You thought it turns into an ice cream truck, but you weren't sure.

And then Monica decided that she would save everyone and just charged into the hex as if it's a simple border that isn't filled with chaos magic. You don't know if you should label Monica as really stupid, or really brave. Probably both. Jimmy sighed as Monica disappeared into the border and you rolled your eyes before running toward the hex as well.

You ignored all the shouts coming from the others and wrapped yourself in a forcefield before charging straight into the hex. At least your power came into use. Maybe that was how your mail went through the hex. It was an... interesting experience to say the least. It felt really weird. Like a tingly sensation and you felt as if you're being pulled in but at the same time pushed out.

There was grief.

And even though protected by your own power, you felt an intense amount of pain. You saw the memories of yourself. Your blurry past, your unknown parents. Growing up in an orphanage. Later found by the avengers when they realized you have unexplainable powers. Losing Natasha. Your eyes watered but you closed your mind off to those thoughts and strengthened your border.

You placed even more force into your walk and pushed through into the hex. Monica was nowhere to be found but that stupid idiotic girl was not your main concern right now. Glancing around at the unfamiliar town, you sighed.

It looked like the outskirts of the town and you knew for sure there was going to be a long walk ahead of you. There was a weird force in the air that felt familiar. You couldn't quite tell what it was but you swore you have felt the aura somewhere before. It was a distant memory...

A headache started to form but you pushed it away.

"Hey, Wanda! Can you send me a car or something?" Shouting at the sky felt stupid but that was the first thing you thought of. And maybe Wanda heard you because the next thing you knew, you were standing in front of the house Wanda and Vision shared.

Well, here goes nothing.