FOURTEEN

"Where are we?" 

Wanda's question lingered in the air. Her breathing was steadier and you unwrapped your arms from around her. "I like to think here. It's peaceful."

It was a forest. A crystal clear lake in front of you. A cabin behind. The mountains provided the privacy and prevented some from finding this place. Wanda glanced around in awe. She reached out, and you knew she figured it out. 

She glanced at you, tilting her head with a cute frown on her face. "There's... magic. It's like this... erratic feeling..." 

"It's a time vortex," you explained, walking towards the cabin. "It doesn't really exist in the real world. It's a place of my own imagination. It's like... bending time to my will so it only exists to us."

"I think you don't give yourself enough credit," Wanda sat down beside you on the couch when you patted the space beside you. "This is amazing!" 

You blushed. "I stole a few of Agatha's book when I was younger, though I don't remember it back then, the memories of magic was still there..." You trailed off. Wanda placed a calming hand on your knees. You gave her a small smile before continuing. "So I started creating this time vortex. Everything is paused when inside. And since I placed a permanent barrier around the place, once it's there, I can come and go as I please without using up too much magic."

"Like Westview..." Wanda sighed. "I guess we should talk about the elephant in the room, right?" 

"What elephant," you gave her a cheeky grin. You don't want to talk about Westview. Just want to stay in this bubble. But you knew sooner or later the two of you had to talk about it. Making a show of glancing around the room, you spoke up again. "I don't see any." 

Wanda laughed. You forgot how intoxic her laughs were until you heard it again. But then she sobered up, and you knew she wanted to talk about it. You were never the one to run away from these sorts of conversations but right now, when it was Wanda that you needed to have the conversation with, you found yourself wanting to be anywhere but there. 

"Maybe we can continue where we left off at SWORD," you decided. "You said something about a 'safer option' didn't you?" 

"I was scared. I... Vision couldn't really..." Wanda frowned at her own thoughts, and you wish at the moment you could read her mind. You took her hands in yours. Physical touch seemed to be a way of communicating for you and Wanda at the moment. You gave her an encouraging smile as she let out a buttered chuckle. "I was so foolish back then. I was chasing the love I wanted and then just left the one who actually chased me... Y/n-" 

You cut her off. "I get it you know. I used to reject the idea of love, after everything that happened in my life. But I learned to get over it. What's the point of living if I'm not going to enjoy it? Like, I don't know if I'm going to die tomorrow. I don't know, but if I do, I want to be glad of the things I had done in my life, not living an afterlife of 'what if'." 

"I don't know how you kept your heart after everything," Wanda whispered, her eyes far away. "I thought I was sparing you something when I left. Cause why would you want someone so broken." You tried to cut her off and tell Wanda that she was enough but she continued. "But then I realized that maybe I am enough. Everything happened for a reason, right? I realized how you had repaired me without even trying and you were the first person who held me without thinking I will break. I know I don't deserve your forgiveness-"

"Forgive but never forget," you gave her a small smile. "I don't think I could forgive you that easily. I know where you're coming from, Wanda. I just need some time." 

Wanda nodded. "I will wait forever for you." 

Her words were sincere. True. And you couldn't help but felt the urge to lean forward and press your lips against hers. But you resisted the temptation until Wanda bit her lips (a nervous habit of hers) and glanced around the room. 

"Can I kiss you?" You blurted out before your mind can even register your words. Wanda's head snapped towards you. You blushed. "I mean, it's probably too soon and too stupid for me to ask but you look really beautiful right now-" 

Wanda didn't hesitate, pushing you against the sofa as her lips found yours. It was soft, careful. Her lips were familiar, soft. You could still smell her shampoo, it never had changed since a few years back. 

But then the kiss was harder. More passionate. And you didn't mind, because kissing Wanda had been on your mind longer than you would have liked. She was always there, never gone. 

And for a moment, you pretend as if there was no witch to fight. No battle waiting for you outside of this bubble. Because you weren't ready to face the truth.