ELEVEN

"Ugh, why am I wearing that pants," you complained as you watched your past self walk through the door. Agatha turned to stare open-mouthed at the two of you. Wanda was still leaning comfortably into your arms.

"Y/n?"

You lightly opened the door, peaking your head through with an adorable smile on your face. "One day, you will tell me how you knew I was outside."

Wanda let out a small smile. That smile that you never want to see fall. "Your thoughts are loud, Y/n."

"Only the ones I want you to hear." You winked at her. Wanda made a face before petting the seat beside her on the bed. You made your way over.

Wanda leaned her head on your shoulder. The upbeat music was still playing on the TV before a scream interrupted it.

You tried to keep a straight face, seeing the somber look on Wanda's face. Neither less to say, it did not work.

One, you aren't straight.

Two, Wanda was looking at you, and there was laughter in her eyes.

The two of you laughed, and you wrapped your arms around Wanda.

But then the silence was back.

The question was lingering in the air, but you refused to say it. You fear Wanda's reaction. But then of course that led to your blurting out the question. "Are... are you okay? You know if you want to talk, I'm here. If it brings you comfort..."

"What makes you think that talking about it would bring me comfort?" She tilted her head as she gazed up at you.

"I lost someone too." You muttered. It was the first time the two of you had openly talked about any serious topics. "Talking to Natasha helped."

Wanda glanced at you, whispering. "The only thing that would bring me comfort is seeing him again. I'm... I'm so tired. It's... It's just like this wave washing over me, again and again. It knocks me down, and why I try to stand up, it just comes for me again. And I... It's just gonna drown me."

"So I'll be there to pull you back up again." Your eyes were full of sincerity. "It won't drown you."

Wanda chuckled bitterly. "Yeah. How do you know?

"Cause it didn't drown me." Your voice was whispered, quiet and valuable. "And I know for a fact that you are so much stronger than me. I know for a fact that you can fight this. Because I believe in you. I've grown up alone. I've gotten heartbroken more times than I could count. And I know it's so hard but that's not all that's there."

Your breath was shaky and you could see the tears in Wanda's eyes as she reached up and cupped your face. Her thumb gently brushed away the tears and you let out a small chuckle. You stood up and walked toward the window. You could feel Wanda's eyes on your back.

"I remember this musical..."

"I have an obsession with sitcoms. You have one with musicals." Wanda's word made you let out a half-laugh.

You hummed to yourself before singing softly. "Have you ever felt like, nobody was there?" Wanda's gaze followed yours as you turned around. "Have you ever felt forgotten in the middle of nowhere?"

"Have you ever felt like you could disappear?" Wanda watched as you made your way back beside her again. "Like you could fall, and no one would hear..."

Wanda nodded as you gave her a small teary smile, letting the words flow through you quietly. "Well, let those lonely feelings wash away. Maybe there's a reason to believe you'll be okay. Cause when you don't feel strong enough to stand... You could reach, reach out your hand."