Explaining to my Parents

I make my report again and this time they get it on paper.

"Hey kiddo, do you need a ride?" Officer Hoffman offers. I shake my head no.

"No thanks, I'm okay. But seriously thank you!" I go to head off. He interrupts me in my path.

"No, I Incist!" He says kindly. "Come along." I follow behind him.

"Th-thank you sir! You didn't have to..." He interrupts me.

"I know but it's my job to protect you and our community. What kind of man would I be, yet alone, a Officer be if I let a teenager travel alone in the dark after being what you've been through. " I shrug. Silence overflows the vehicle.

"I guess a bad one." I smirk. He looks at me with confusion.

"I beg your pardon?" I laugh. 

"You said What kind of man would you be, yet alone a Officer if you let a teenager travel alone in the dark after being through what I've been through. I Said a bad one." He looks at me in shock and burst out laughing! He pats me on the shoulder.

"You came back!!!! Wow kid you're funny! That's a good one!" He laughs. I smile. I laugh it off and realize we're coming up  to my stop.

"Hey um, not to ruin the moment but that's my house. " He snaps back into focus and slows down.  He pulls into my driveway and parks.

"I'm going to walk you up to the house and let your parents know everything. Okay?" He checks to confirm with me. I nod. I get out of the car and my parents are standing in the doorway waiting for me. We walk up and Officer Hoffman tells them everything.  He reports back to his car and we wave him goodbye. We go inside and my dad locks the house up.

"Honey I was so worried about you!" My mom hugs me tightly. I hug her back, barely able to breath. 

"I'm okay mom!" I'm just a little shaky from everything. She finally lets go of me.

"As you should after being through everything you've just been through. " she dusts me off and hangs up my jacket.  "Come along, I saved you your dinner. We'll dine with you while you tell us everything you'd like to." We gather in the dinning room.

I sit down in my spot and my parents sit across from me. "Well. " my dad said. "What happened?"

"Charles! Don't be insensitive! Our daughter just saw a dead corpes! " She looks at him sturly. "Tell us anything you feel comfortable about. " she smiles a reassuring smile.

"Well. I saw a dead body. I ... well... uh... touched it. But not really touched it. Not with my, you know hand. I tripped. I tripped over it thinking it was a stick or log but really it was a  arm! It was a dead body's arm. A DEAD GIRLS ARM." I freak out, realizing everything I've been through in the last few hours. My mother runs to my side of the table to comfort me and my father just stares at me in complete shock. Both my parents glance at each other not knowing what to do.