Chapter 23 - Coordinates and a new kind of feeling

Third POV

The sun was slowly peeking out on the horizon, marking the beginning of a new day. The puffy white clouds being bathed in warm colors like pink, purple, orange and yellow.

Tintin, (Y/N) and Haddock were still on the deck of the Karaboudjan. (P/N) seated on the metal railing as Snowy sat not too far from her. The two journalists looking at the scrolls that Tintin currently held. The two turned to the sunrise, Tintin holding out the scrolls to finally reveal the secret line at the bottom. The captain, how had been pacing back and forth walked over to them. He and (Y/N) looking along over Tintin's shoulder as the words of the three poems written on parchment began to blend over one another.

Their eyes growing in amazement as the secret message began to grow visible before them. "Do you see it?" Tintin asked, his eyes not leaving the last line as he tried to figure out what it meant.

"Blistering barnacles, they're coordinates." Haddock silently mumbled.

"It took all three scrolls to form the numbers." (Y/N) said, a smile slowly making it's way onto her lips. The captain and Tintin's reaction similar to her own.

"Latitude and longitude. That's it. That's the location to the treasure." Haddock concluded, a wide smile forming on his face. The three of them making eye contact. Tintin holding out his hand for Haddock to shake, but he instead hugged him, the two men dancing around while (Y/N) laughed at the odd duo. But it didn't go unnoticed, the captain soon pulling her in to join their little victory dance.

"We did it!" Tintin yelled in excitement, one arm wrapped around (Y/N)'s shoulders and the other resting on Haddocks back as they danced around. Snowy and (P/N) joining along on the side.

-Time skip-

Your POV

We had arranged to meet at Tintin's apartment in about one hour.

That way I could at least make myself a little presentable. Seeing I hadn't really 'refreshed' myself from the moment our 'adventure' started. I stood in front of the mirror, brushing through my tangled and nearly dry (H/C) (H/L) hair.
I looked down at my hands and knees, the scatches healing nicely along with the bruises. I changed and walked out of my small bathroom.

My outfit consisted of a yellow knee-length dress and tights

I at least wanted to look somewhat nice. Who knows where those coordinates might lead us.

Yeah okay, that and maybe a little for familiar ginger reporter. I couldn't deny I had began to fall for Tintin, but what's the use? He probably didn't feel the same way and I didn't want to ruin the friendship we had build so far.

I shook myself out of my daydreams, slipping into my cognac-coloured shoes. My eyes happened to glance to the clock on the wall. Shoot, I have to get going!

"Come on, (P/N), let's go!" I said, slipping on my jacket. She chirped, her head perking up from her usual spot by the window, and flew behind me out of the apartment. I locked everything up, shoving the keys in my pocket and my wallet in the other one. I ran downstairs to the main floor and outside.