Chapter 5 - The break in

Your POV

"I wonder what he meant by that..." I said to Tintin. Snowy walking in between us as (P/N) had nearly fallen asleep on my shoulder.
"By what?" Tintin asked curious.

"'Thinks get easily lost.' " I said, rubbing my temples. I was getting tired, that was for sure. Tintin added that it was in fact strange.

He decided to walk me to my apartment. No matter how many times I said I would be fine on my own. He still did though, not taking no for an answer. Now standing on the front steps of the building, I turned to face him, "Although I'm sure I would have been fine on my own ... But thank you." I said politely. "No problem.", Tintin said as a small smile played on his lips, "Perhaps we could take a look over the information you and I found in the morning. I-If you want too that is... I just have a gut feeling that there is more to the story then we know so far."

"Sure, sounds good. Tomorrow at..." I said, hinting that I didn't have a clue where he lived or where we were supposed to meet.
"Oh, right. It's at 26th of Labrador Street. Well, goodnight (Y/N)..." He said, perhaps a little embarrassed for his forgetfulness about mentioning the address. Snowy softly barking before they both made their way home.

I was making my way up the last couple of stairs to my apartment floor the second time that night, rumbling in my pocket to find my keys. (P/N) calming sitting on my shoulder when she let out a soft growl. Her feathers getting ruffled.

"What is it-" I was about to asked when my eyes fell on my appartement door.
The door was already opened. The lock completely ripped off and broken.
My muscles grew tense. Something wasn't right and whatever it was ... I knew Tintin had a point when he said that this wouldn't be the end of it.

Oh no, it would just be the beginning.

I slowly walked into my apartment, the rays from flashlight in hand shining around. Inside I was met with an absolute mess, cluttering every inch of the floor. All cupboards were open, some of them even moved. My books were thrown around, my vases were shattered to pieces and much more. If anything, I was pissed and it was not because of the mess. But because my belongings carried an emotional value to me. "Who could have done this?!" I growled, throwing my jacket over the sofa. My office and small bedroom were in the same state.

I paced back and forth in anger, stepping back on the events that happened earlier today.
That's when it all clicked.

"Whoever it was, was searching for something." I quickly looked around to see if anything had been taken. When I was about to stop since nothing seemed to be missing, (P/N)'s screek caught my attention. She was pecking at something underneath the cabinet by the window. "What is it, (P/N)? You found something?" I said, speed walking over while avoiding to step on the items scattered on the floor. My cheek pressed against the carpet to peek underneath.

It was a little piece of paper. Although the words on them scratched out, I tried to figure out what they were saying. (P/N) landed on the table in front of me, holding a magnifying glass in her beak. "Thank you." I said fastly before taking a closer look.

I flipped the lamp on the table upside down, holding the paper above it as I observed it with the tool. There were two lines of words.

11th of Forum Street, Brussels
26th of Labarador Street, Brussels

(A/N: The first one is your address. Just a random neighbouring street. The next on is Tintin's. Fun fact: This is the address they use for him in the comics/novels from Tintin. Anyway, back to the story!)

"That means he probably turned Tintin's apartment inside out aswell!" I said, jumping up and slipping my coat on again.

"Come on, (P/N)!" I commented as she replied with a shriek. However, before I left I took one last thing with me. My father's old gun, hidden away in a double compartment inside the cabinet. He had learned me how to defend myself in times like these, fighting technics aswell as how to handle some commonly used guns. It was one of the last things he did before going of to war.