Chapter 24 - The Eagles Cross

-~-

The Return to Marlinspike Hall
John Williams
-~-

Third POV

Tintin and (Y/N) followed the other into the entry hall. Haddock observing the room in absolute amazement.
"Welcome to Marlinspike Hall." Nestor said, standing a little on the side to us to look around.

"Will you look at this place." Haddock spoke, flabbergasted as he turned around to take in every little detail. "I don't think this place has changed at all since I was a wee boy."

"And may I say, Sir, how much I'm looking forward to having a Haddock back in charge of the estate." Nestor said politely.

"You'll be waiting a long time, Nestor. There's no way I could afford to live here!" Haddock sighed, memories of his childhood overfloating his mind.
Tintin and (Y/N) smiled at the sight of their friend. Snowy sniffing around by some canes of paint standing on the staircase. (P/N) walking around on the last step of the staircase.

Tintin and (Y/N) walked over to Haddock in order to face him.
"Well, Captain, you know the house. Where do we start?" He suggested.

Haddock thought for a while, tapping his chin in thought. "Is the cellar still here?" The captain asked on one in particular.

"Yes, Sir. Right this way." Nestor said, walking up front to lead the way. We all followed behind him.
Snowy and (P/N) along with the guard dog, who I learned was called Hector, running along behind us.

Nestor lead us down a spiral flight of stairs. I held on to the railing since the steps were quite narrow.
The butler opened a double metal door.

The guard dog and Snowy running in first while they played. (P/N) leaving my shoulder to explore the room soon after.

Haddock walked in. Tintin and I not far behind while Nestor entered last. The captain passing around while we silently observed the space.
The cellar was a nearly empty space, except for the few pieces of furniture that were piled up against the wall.
The place being lid due to the daylight entering little windows up against the ceiling and the lanterns hang from the wall near the entry way.

"No, no, no, no, this isn't it." Haddock mumbled while shaking his head. "I meant the other cellar." He tried to explain to Nestor. But the poor man lifted his shoulders. "I'm sorry, Sir. There is no 'other cellar'."

Your POV

"It was bigger than this." Haddock argued back. Clearly confused why he remembered it differently than it actually was.

I noticed Tintin beside me look around the room. "What's wrong?" I asked.
"I don't see Snowy anywhere." He explained, turning to face the wall behind us. That's when I noticed, "(P/N) isn't here either." I said slightly worried.

"Snowy?" He said, a little louder this time. "(P/N)?" I called out. We saw the guard dog bark at a pile of stuff against one part of the wall as Nestor pulled him away a little by his collar, "Heel, boy.". We could here Snowy's barks, but they sounded further away.

"Captain, (Y/N), give me a hand." Tintin asked as he began moving some things from the pile to the side. Tintin and Haddock removing some wooden boxes. I took a few chairs and putting them to the side. A hole in the wall now visible.

Tintin squatted down, "Snowy?" He spoke softly. The white fox terrier peeking its head out. I crouched down, "(P/N)?" I called. Not much later (P/N) came flying out, landing on my hand that I held out for her. I softly pet her blue feathers.