v 1.3

Louis stares at the alpha across from him with hands locked in his lap, clearly pissed, but the man isn't paying him any attention as the waiter delivers their food. The table is quiet, much like the tables around them, but unlike others the air surrounding the two is awkward and tense.

"Can I get you anything else?" The beta asks, and Louis sighs as he holds up his glass.

"Red wine. Any kind is fine with me." The beta takes his glass, and leaves. The man looks up from his phone now, and locks it before sitting it face down on the table. "How's your wife?"

"Excuse me?" The alpha stops cutting his steak, and Louis forks up some mashed potatoes. He rudely puts his elbow on the table, and points to the man'a finger.

"Your tan line is showing." The omega mumbles, and the alpha looks at it before chuckling in disbelief. "Let me guess: 'I'm recently divorced'."

The man stares at him for a second, and sits his cutlery down before clearing his throat. "I think I need to use the bathroom."

"Mhm." Louis takes the man's wine, and gulps it down. "Leave your wallet, or I'm heading for the door."

The alpha purses his lips, and shuffles in his seat uncomfortably. "Listen, I just wanted a fun time."

"I'm sure." Louis sits the empty glass down, and takes his wine from the waiter to down it next. "I want a lot of things, too. Your dick isn't one of them."

"You male omegas..." The alpha grumbles, clearly embarrassed as he looks around. "You think that because you're a rarity that you can just—"

"I'm sorry, I know you aren't trying to blame me for you're fucking stupidity to be on a dating app for single people when you have a wife at home? Not only that, but you thought you'd be able to check off your fantasy of bedding a male omega, and you're mad I said no?" Louis slams the glass down. "You've absolutely wasted my time, and time is money so the least you can fucking do is pay for a nice meal, you prick."

He stands, and tosses his napkin onto the table, and people start to watch. "Actually, pack my dish for the Misses. Maybe she likes Sirloin?"

He stomps off without another word, completely buzzed and pissed. He makes his way to the nearest train station, right by a large bar, and takes his phone out as he tries to figure out where he should go.

"Fuck." He whispers when the words blur, and squints his eyes to read the writing on the screen. He's so lost in thought that he misses the person approaching him. He jumps slightly when a large hand covers his screen, and he looks up to shout at them only to fall quiet when he sees Harry smiling at him. "You're joking."

"Looks like the big guy in the sky is really rootin' for us." The alpha laughs, and Louis tucks his phone away. He leans against the brick wall behind him, and closes his eyes as he tries to push back the dizziness. "Hey, you alright?"

"No." The omega mumbles. "I chugged two glasses of wine, I went a date with a guy who's actually married, I'm starving 'cause I left a really good of plate of food on the table we were at—"

"Lads!" Harry interrupts him, and takes his hands. Louis opens his eyes, and watches the alpha wave farewell to a few men across the street. "I'm headin' home! Don't bother me!"

The men whistle, and holler to the alpha— though Louis isn't sure why— as he waves down a taxi. He helps Louis inside, and slides in next to him as he gives the driver an address Louis isn't familiar with. The omega leans his head on the alpha's shoulder because the window would be too bumpy for sleeping, and Harry pats his knee.

"I'll carry you up, so rest." He reassures. "No funny business. Promise."

Louis drifts off with a smile on his face as he listens to Harry laugh softly. When he wakes up, his body feels fresh, warm, and relaxed. It takes him a moment to register that he's tucked into a bed because the sheets, pillows, and comforter are soft and fluffy like a cloud. He blinks a few times, and his ears tune in to hear the sound of a shower. He grips the sheets, and nuzzles them as the smell of clean laundry with a hint of berry blossom strikes his nose.

He hears the soft patter of feet, and stretches his body as he sneaks a look at Harry. The alpha has a towel wrapped around his hips, hiding his goods, but his body is wet as his hair drips down his neck and onto his shoulders. More tattoos cover his body than the omega expected, though it's not a bad thing, and his broad chest is more refined with it exposed. He's buff, perhaps from a fresh workout routine, and he looks good.

Louis pulls the covers to his face as Harry looks back at him. "You're up."

"Uh," Louis clears his throat, "yeah."

"I changed your clothes for you, hope you don't mind." The alpha points to the clothes folded on the chair in the corner. "The pants, and shirt aren't exactly small on you but it's the smallest I could find."

"Thanks." Louis mumbles as Harry tosses a shirt on.

"I'll be back in a minute." He says as he grabs some boxers, and goes back towards the bathroom. "It's still night out so sleep some more. Like I said, no funny business."

Louis sits up when Harry goes back into the bathroom, and looks around the bedroom. It's simple in decoration, minimal even, but still cozy. Unlike many rooms Louis has seen, this alpha's space feels safe and secure. Harry comes out a moment later, towel drying his curls, and chuckles at the omega.

"Want to look around?" The alpha asks, and Louis shakes his head just as his stomach growls. Harry barks with laughter, and Louis blushes.

"This is... I'm sorry." The omega whispers, and covers his face as it keeps growling.

"I have leftovers in the fridge. Are you allergic to anything?" Harry plops the towel on the foot of the bed, and Louis shakes his head again as he tries to calm himself down. "I'll be back in a couple minutes."

He hears Harry leave, and peeks up to find the door left open. After a few seconds, he decides to follow Harry's scent downstairs where an open layout greets him. It's modern, simple like the bedroom, and a bit more generic whereas the alpha's room is more personal. However, it still feels safe and secure.

Harry's back is facing him as he digs through the fridge so Louis leans against the island in the kitchen space, and grins when Harry glances back at him.

"I think I owe you." The omega concludes. "Quite a lot, actually."

"Don't worry about it." The alpha grabs a plate. "You can always pay me back with a date. Maybe, two?"

Louis blinks in surprise, and Harry looks at him with a flirty grin. The omega blushes, and bites back a smile. "Yeah, okay. Deal."