4. Convinced or not?

"Kat" The voice startles me almost dropping the glasses on my tray. "You got a second?" it's the boss' wife. "Sure" is the only response I got in mind. "I'm Mandy" Why is she always so bubbly.  "Yeah I remember...". It's awkward, I shuffle from left to right. I have very nice shoes I've noticed that. But they are a little dirty. "Look I just wanted to apologize  for  the behavior of  my husband. You should know he really  is a good person" Yeah right, good act woman. Good act. I don't respond so I think she sees  that as a sign to continue although I never said she could.

"To the point. Okay, I know Justin is a goddam pain in the ass and he don't  deserve any woman. But he is the real deal. That boy has a gift" Always the same story bla-bla-bla. 

"Yeah, I've  heard  that before" I'm  severely annoyed right this instant. "Don't worry I'm not  trying  to sell him to you again. And I can't tell you what to do but if you do chose to partner with Justin...  Just know I have  your back" Since when are we getting all lovey-dovey  over here ladies? "Alright I better get going before James goes wondering what I am doing  so long  in the bathroom"  She lets a laugh  slip through whereas I'm  just standing there like a freaking statue  in  the middle of the freaking  room.

***

Serena  just came home. Wait how did she come home?

"Where's mom?" she asks putting  her bag on a chair. "In bed. Who drove you home Serena?"

"Mitch did" she says with a  smile  on her face. "Mitch?" I ask again making sure  I heard her right. "Yes" she says rolling her eyes. "Serena I don't like the way he acts around you" That's it  straight to the point Biatch. "Omg Kat, seriously?" "Euhm Yeah I saw him slapping your ass with his  gloves the other day!" She is really pissing me off. "Kat that  was just a joke." "A joke?! That dude is like over forty! Serena you really have to be careful with who you trust" I feel like mom right now. Eww!

"Trust! Have you ever thought that after everything that is happening between you and mom Mitch is the only one I have left to trust!"

"Serena are you serious right now? I'm just tryna look out to you"

"Honestly Kat. I think you're doing this out of pure jealousy.  Your olympic  dreams are over while mine are only to begin. The best that you could've hoped for was coaching. But now that you've failed your test you can't even do that!"

I'm actually in shock because  after all she's  still my sister.

"So off course you want to screw up my training by attacking Mitch"

"Why do you always have to be such a little bitch Serena!" I yell not being able to control my anger anymore.

"Everyone thinks you're this saint. But it's obvious now... You're just as messed up and bipolar as she is"

"That's so unfair, I have it under control. She hasn't!" but she's gone already. I officially feel like the worst sister to exist. But in this moment I can't resist my  tears from flowing. They have their own will and right this second they decided to let go completely.

***

Sleep isn't coming my way tonight. I keep tossing and turning. It's either too cold or too warm. They say a good night of sleep solves everything but for me nothing at all will be solved tomorrow  morning. Normally nap time is my happy hour but lately I'm not even taking my nap hour pure  out of anxiety. so since that isn't working I decide to go the only thing where I feel alive... 

***

I knock on the glass doors hoping our beloved George will let me in. And there he is shuffling to the door meanwhile I'm standing here in the freaking cold winter weather. The old door with desperate need to a check up opens so I take a step back to not get a whiplash by a door.