Stay Here

"Let me go" Rùna screamed, her fists hitting against Hvitserk's back as he carried her into her room and threw her onto the bed. "I can help them, I saw the men before you did"

Pressing her onto the bed as she jumped up, Hvitserk grunted. "You can't. If you get yourself killed your father will kill me, now stay here"

"What about Ivar, where is he?"

Hvitserk looked at the slaves that had followed them into the room. "Do not let her go!" He ran out of the room to search for his brother and found him in their room on the bed, the face in direction of the woods where the enemy awaited. "Hey, you are no use in here. Take care of the princess"

With Hvitserk's help, Ivar got into Rùna's room and dropped onto the bed where Rùna sat, pouting that the slaves followed Hvitserk's order instead of hers to let her go. Rolling to her side, she closed her eyes and mumbled inaudible words while Ivar received a sword from Hvitserk, who then left the room and joined the men outside to fight.

An axe in one hand, a sword in the other, Floki stood at the edge of town, watching the enemy's lines. They did not move, not in the dark, not while lightning struck. Calm and patient, they remained under the trees. Even when Valtar and his men charged at them over the field, the only light guiding them the lightnings that split the sky.