An Alliance

Laughing, Ragnar approached Rùna and patted her on the shoulder. "It seems I have to make an alliance with the new queen" He gestured his men to follow, and with Floki, and Hvitserk by his side, he sat at a table and presented the agreed upon terms of his alliance to Rùna.

Ivar and Aslaug joined them as Ragnar talked about all he wanted, and all he had spoken about with Valtar. However, Rùna paid little attention to his words and instead played with her father's crown in hand.

"No" She interrupted Ragnar as he demanded her to fight alongside him in battle. "This alliance will not happen between the two of us"

A chuckle escaped Floki's mouth as he rose from his seat and walked over to Rùna, handing her the dagger with the northern symbol on it. "The queen of the north, and now south. What is it you want from our Ragnar?"

"Nothing" Rùna took the dagger from Floki's hand and twirled it around in the air. "This belonged to a traitor. Maybe with the right intentions for herself, but not our kingdom and the people in it" sliding over her hand, the dagger halted at her finger tips. "Take it. Use it as a symbol of your allegiance, to your king, and now to me"

Floki took the dagger with a chuckle and played with it while Rùna walked around the table, past Ragnar and stopped before Ivar. "I do not want an alliance with King Ragnar. My alliance will be with you, Ivar, not wedded, but as equals in war and peace"

Ragnar followed her around the table, hushing past his wife, who bore a great smile on her lips, proud and pleased. "Why him, and not me?"

An amused smile on her lips, Rùna leant closer to Ivar, placed a kiss on his cheek, then turned to Ragnar. "Because a raven told me so" She gestured Floki and one of her men to follow her and with them, she and Ivar left the room.