Farewell

Leaving the rest of the men behind, they agreed on the conditions for their alliance and celebrated it and the victory over king Bǫlverkr with ale, dance, song and all the people in town and around who had survived the attack.

Soon after Rùna should leave for the north and claim her new kingdom, uniting the forces and rule it all. She distributed the weapons with symbol on them to the men she believed trustworthy, brave and loyal. Not only her own men, but Ragnar's as well, even Ivar and Hvitserk received a sword.

As the night descended upon Myrhult, a ship set sail, on it king Valtar, surrounded by the glistening pearls of water Rùna let float through the air. The ship reached a current, pulling it towards the middle of the lake and Ivar got the honour of shooting the arrow that lit the last bed of Valtar on fire, releasing him into Valhalla where he would meet his wife again, and drink with the gods.

Watching the flames devour her father, Rùna sat next to Ivar, her head on his shoulder. "All the things I saw, but not this. Never this"

Ivar placed a kiss on her forehead. "We never see what's right in front of us. That is the way it works, and only do we see things when they have long passed us"