Chapter 1. Go to sleep.

( Jeff POV )

Ah..Halloween.. the one day of the year I can walk around, normally. Nobody runs or screams..it feels nice. I gently gripped the knife in my pocket as I sat on a bench on the side of the road. It was 7:35 P.M. trick-or-treaters were walking around the neighborhood, most of them parentless, but i don't usually go for kids for no reason. I gazed around the crowded sidewalks. I spotted a group of teenagers. There were three of them. One petite brunette female, an average height blonde male..the kinda guy who looks like his name chad...and a..another one..they stood at mid-height with silk-like (H/C) hair...there were holding the hand of the chad-like boy and talking to the brunette. I excitedly grabbed the knife in my pocket. I found my first victim of the night.. I got up and slowly pursued the group from the other side of the road..marketing sure I wasn't noticed. I followed them about 5 blocks until they dropped the chad-like boy off at his house..now it was just the brunette who was keeping me from my victim..

(Y/N POV)

I gave my boyfriend, Miles, a kiss on the cheek as he walked into his home. It's 9:37 Halloween night. Me, Miles, and my friend Makayla have been walking around getting candy for hours. We might be a little old for it, but it was hella fun. "Y/nnnn! I wanna go get some coffee" Makayla whined. "It's way too late for that Mac. Plus, most coffee shops around here are closed today.." i said .. we lived in a pretty small town. It was nice, but annoying. I walked Mac home and when we got to the door... "are you sure you don't want me to walk you home..i mean it's Halloween. Who knows what physco's are wandering around." She said, concerned. "Mac, the only physco around here is you. Now I gotta get home to feed Bella." I hugged makayla good-bye and started walking home. I walked for about ten minutes, I was now in a less crowded part of town.

Suddenly..I started hearing footsteps behind me..i didn't know what to do so i kept walking, too scared to look back. The steps didn't stop. I walked faster, the steps went faster. It wasn't long until I was full on sprinting down the street not even knowing who, or what, was chasing me. All I knew was that I didn't want it to catch up to me. Finally I hopped a fence and ran through a few backyards and lost it. What a weak prank. I know it's Halloween but they could have been a bit more creative. I found the way to my house and went in the back door. My cat, Bella, greeted me by rubbing against my leg. I got a can of 'fancy feast', put it in a cat dish, and placed it on the ground for Bella to eat. I flopped on the couch.

My aunt Jen was out on a business trip. She was the one who took care of me. My parents were...absent...to say the least. I nuzzled into the couch and put on 'Creeped out' on Netflix. To fit the Halloween mood. I grabbed the bag of candy I bought at the dollar store since none of the adult's would give me candy. I mean, in their defense, trick-or-treating was usually for kids, not 16 year-olds. Bella jumped up on my lap after she finished eating. We cuddled and watched tv. It was a perfect Halloween night-in. At around 11:20 P.M. I fell asleep. I dreamt about going to a children's party where all the kids were playing wild-west with fake guns and cow-boy hats. There was a teenage boy playing along with them. I thought it was cute, and funny.

Then I suddenly started to wake up. I slowly opened my eyes to see the horrifying display in front of me. As soon as my eyes opened a large strong hand covered my mouth tightly. I saw a tall teenager, around 17..but his face was contorted. His skin was burnt and white, his hair was a midnight black, his eyes were a gorgeous ocean blue, but with barely any eyelids to cover them. His mouth..his mouth was horrific. There was a giant bloody scar-like smile Carved into his face, starting each side of his mouth and reaching from ear to ear. I threw myself around and attempted to scream as loud as I could, to no use. He was much stronger than me.

"Shhh~.." the intruder whispered in a low gravelly voice "Just go to sleep..."

Then there was a small scream of pain

But surprisingly..

It wasn't mine. . .