Chapter 2. Glasgow smile.

(Y/N POV)

I felt the strong hand release from my face as the intruder fell backwards. I was pretty shocked by this because I hadn't attacked him at all. I looked down to see my tiny cat, Bella, trying her hardest to scratch his eyes out. I took this opportunity to jump off the couch and dash up the stairs to my bedroom as fast as I could. As I opened the door, Bella dashed in right behind me. I locked the door and used all my strength to push my dresser in front of it. Within a second there was violent banging on the door and the sound of the intruder trying to break the door knob. I looked at Bella, she must have run away from him before he could hurt her. She was completely fine.

Suddenly the banging on the door stopped. I waited there for about 30 seconds, then a minute, then two minutes, then three. Nothing happened. He Must have left. Then I froze. I could feel the warm breath over my shoulder, I could feel his sadistic smile.
I didn't lock the window. I couldn't move. I couldn't do anything. I had barcated the door, and there was no way I was about to just get out of a second story window. Then I heard a slight laugh come from behind me.

"I told you..." he said as the knife slowly appeared in front of my neck. "It's time for you to go. To. Sle-."  "No." I interrupted him and I grabbed the blade of the knife with my bare hand. "I'm not tired anymore." I kicked him in between his legs, and he fell back. grabbed his knife, holding it to his face. He looked up at me, I could see the rage in his eyes. I felt the adrenaline rush through me. I liked this feeling. I liked feeling..powerful. "What the fuck do you think your doing kid..you dont have the guts to stab me.." he said, attempting to scare me. I responded to that by stabbing his right shoulder and knocking him out with a swift kick. I wasn't taking any bullshit, not tonight.

I dragged the unconscious man into my bathroom and put him in the tub. I didn't really know what to do now. I could try and call the police, but who would believe a teenager calling on Halloween night about a man with a smile carved into his face who tried to kill them, but their cat saved their life. Sounds soooo believable, right? My best bet was dragging his ass to the police station in the morning. I tied him up with some cheap rope. It wasn't sturdy, but it was something. I turned on the light in my room and hid his knife in my sock drawer. Practically unfindable. The door to the bathroom was inside my room, and the bathroom has no window. so if he wanted to escape, he would have to go through me.

It was 12:37. I had about 7 hours till I could properly take him to the station. I plopped down on my bed and sat there, thinking about what the fuck just happened. Who even was this guy? It wasn't some costume. I saw his face up close and the scars were completely real. I opened my laptop and searched on google : 'killer with a smile carved into face'. There where immediate search results of a string of murders where the victims had smiles cut into there faces. I think I found what I was looking for. I did more research and found a blurry picture taken of the murder suspect. It was hard to see, but it sure as hell was him. What he had carved into his face was called a 'Glasgow smile' or a 'Chelsea grin'. The images I found were frankly disturbing.

This guy was wanted in 5 countries, including where I live. His kill count was roughly 167. I could not believe I had just single handedly disarmed one of the world's most wanted serial killers. Based on my research he was pretty damn good at what he did too. In the history of all his kill's there has only been one survivor, she claimed the man's skin was white, he had a giant red smile, and no eyelids. She was sent to a mental hospital. They assumed she was just in shock and traumatized. Damn, He's good at killing people. Not a good thing to be good at, but still. He was given the name 'Jeff the killer' . I couldn't figure out exactly how the name originates, but I guess his name is Jeff. Good to know..?

Suddenly the bathroom door opened...