4

Word count: 477

I was worried about Kenny, I cannot believe I forgot about him. Kenny's bloody body was laying in the back seat of my car. I pulled up to the ER, I tried my best to pick up Kenny but I couldn't do it alone. I saw a man driving down the road I waved to him in a panic and he pulled over. I explained to the man what had happened and he agreed to help me
Get Kenny into the hospital. He picked him up by the upper half and I carried his lower half.

Soon we got Kenny in the hospital.
I was waiting out in the waiting room. I have been sitting their numbly for and hour and a half.
A nurse came out she had long brown hair tied into a bun, beautiful gray eyes and freckles dusted over her cheeks. The nurse pressed her lips together and looked down at her clip board before saying very clearly

"I'm sorry Mx, Mr. McCormick passed away." I looked down at my feet and tapped my feet together I felt tears welling in my eyes. And I said with a tremble in my voice "N-no...Kenny cant die.." Kenny cannot die again.

I got to say my final goodbyes to Kenny at the hospital. I was now leaving the hospital I had gotten into my old truck and I drove to my new home. I wasent crying anymore but my eyes where puffy and red. My nose ran down my lips but I just ignored it. I soon arrived at my new apartment. I went to the lobby and got my keys. I grabbed my boxes and brought them up a flight of stairs. It took forever to get everything up. I still need a couch but that is okay.
I collapsed on the carpeted floor in my living room tired and out of breath. Inlaid there for a few minutes but then I got a call from Wendy.
I picked up and I greeted her with a Shakey, tired voice.

"Hey Y/N I heard that Kenny died!"
I looked shocked at this and replied
"How did you hear about it that fast?" "The nurse was an old classmate of ours, Nelly? Do you remember her?"
Of course I don't remember Nelly we never spoke before "No I don't we never spoke." Wendy looked disappointed I could tell by her voice "Well you should have Nelly was a really nice girl." I considered getting to know her "Alright Wendy, I'll think about it. I really need to get packing now Wendy bye."
Wendy said her goodbyes and I hung up and got most of my unpacking done then I laid on my bed and looked up drowsy "I'll just take a small nap" I said to myself and yawned and I dozed off.