Chapter 1

How desperate can a person be for revenge? How far can someone go to protect another? How long can a person last against opponent after opponent? How soon does the time come when you've met your match or best everything that had a chance at standing up against you? How far are you willing to go?

Will you stand and fight? Or sit on the sidelines? Or chase an impossible dream? Or plunge straight into battle? Will you fight with honor like a ninja? Or be a coward and run away? Are you afraid?

What do you do when there is evil at every turn? When someone is always plotting against your way of life in some way? How do you deal with it? War? Hunger? Pain? Loss? Death? Happiness? Revenge? Everything, when it's all mixed together?

It's impossible to really know, and hard to deal with. All of those emotions can make a person go insane, do the unthinkable. Can push them to their limits to become stronger yet humble. Though it can ruin everyone's lives in some way. In reality the world is just full of broken promises.

Are dreams even worth chasing anymore or are they like ashes that float away? How long until you've had enough? How long can you stand the pain? How far can someone go? When do you say enough is enough? What do you do when everything seems helpless and falling apart? When Villages fall, loved ones die, or ninja can't stop the fight? Will you wait? Will you hide? Will it hurt? Will you fight? Will you stand? Will you love? Will it end? Where will you be when it all comes crashing down?

So what would you do in your situation?

It's simple, really.

Let it burn.