Chapter 2

The door to a classroom at the Ninja Academy in Konoha opened abruptly as a panting young girl nearly stumbled inside. She was ready to apologize to the sensei, Iruka, late slip in hand, only to be surprised at finding him missing. None of the other classmates had cared to notice her entrance. They were far too busy chattering away about various things... well, some of them. The fan girls of Sasuke Uchiha were conversing loudly amongst themselves. More like yelling over one another to be heard. Annoyed, the student left the slip of paper on his desk before retreating up the rows of tables in order to sit at the back.

"Back off Ino-Pig!"

"Watch it Billboard-Brow!"

The boy of their desire sighed heavily in an uncaring and tried to block them out.

"Where's Iruka?" a voice asked from behind.

He hadn't noticed her arrival, and the student turned around.

"Looking for the idiot," the student answered.

"That's not nice, Sasuke."

"I don't see you befriending to him, Mai."

Her dark brown eyes merely blinked at the Uchiha. Not caught off guard by the comment. "Doesn't mean I don't like him. He's just a little loud sometimes."

"He's annoying and a troublemaker."

"So are your fan girls."

The slightest smirk pulled at the corner of his lips, Mai's eyes smiling in response. Though the amusement didn't touch her lips.

"Why were you so late?" Sasuke questioned.

"There was a leak in my roof. Last night's rainstorm caused some issues and flooded a guest bedroom. I had to get everything out before coming to class."

"Need any help after?"

"It would be much appreciated." Right now, all her items were scattered on the porch and yard to dry out.

The door to the room flew open. The students instantly drew silent and returned to their seats as Iruka dragged in a tied-up blonde boy, wearing a baggy orange jumpsuit, inside. Naruto Uzumaki.

"Tomorrow is the Ninja School's Graduation Exam," the man stated. "You have failed the last two times! This is no time to be causing trouble, Naruto!"

"Yeah, yeah," the boy answered. Unphased by the outburst.

His lack of emotion irked the sensei greatly, who turned to the class and announced, "Time for a review test on the 'Transformation Jutsu'! Everyone, line up!"

"What?!" the class exclaimed.

All of them began to protest the surprise exam that Naruto had forced on them. Iruka ignored their pleas as they begrudgingly began to line up.

"Transform perfectly into me!"

Mai stood next to Sasuke, and peeked over at the blonde. Naruto wasn't a bad student, just misunderstood; the girl knew that. She was good at reading people. If Sasuke would only open his eyes, he could see how similar the both of them were to Naruto. However, the student knew he was stubborn and would refuse to admit such a thing.

"Mai, you're next," Iruka spoke.

The girl realized she had missed watching Sasuke's transformation in her distraction. Stepping up, Mai threw her hands together into the proper symbol.

"Transform!" she proclaimed.

There was a puff of smoke that consealed her form before it cleared to reveal an exact replica of the sensei.