Chapter 29

"What do you want with him?" Kakashi asked.

Itachi refused to answer.

"Your target is the Kyuubi inside of Naruto, isn't it?"

Asuma's head turned towards his comrade, surprised by the question. What would they want with the tailed beast?

"You've begun to move, and you think we didn't know? Your organization, the Akatsuki."

Just hearing the name made the two S-Ranked criminals on edge. How had their name gotten out? They had been careful to not reveal themselves just let.

"Kisame, take out Kakashi," the Uchiha ordered. "It's time for these people to disappear."

Without hesitation, the blue-skinned man rushed forward in a frontal attack. Asuma and Kurenai could hear him approach, trying to determine his movements with their eyes still closed. In Kakashi's current state, he wasn't too sure he could take on his strength.

Out of nowhere, a foot roundhouse kicked Kisame's jaw and forced him backwards. The intensity startled the criminals as the man tried to catch his balance.

"Who the hell is this?" Kisame growled.

"The name is Gai Maito," the Leaf Jounin stated.

Kisame smirked. Ready for the challenge and the fact that he would be able to tear apart another ninja.

"Don't take that man lightly," Itachi warned.

Kakashi lost consciousness, unable to hold himself on top of the water anymore and fight the assault of the Genjutsu. Gai quickly caught him, and hoisted the ninja over a shoulder.

"Don't look into Itachi's eyes, Gai," Asuma warned. "That is how the jutsu is done!"

"I already know about that. The way of fighting with Kakashi was done through the Sharingan. I already took into consideration how to fight him."

He faced the enemy head on, unafraid.

"Both of you open your eyes. Eye to eye when fighting with the Sharingan is fine, as long as you don't look into that eye. Using the reflection of the water is the only way that you are recognized and dealt with."

The Jounins opened their eyes to realize he was right.

"So that's how it's done," Kurenai mused.

"That's pretty smart," Asuma smirked. "But you are the only person that can do it."

"Focus on his feet," Gai said. "There is a method to it, but we don't have time for that. At any rate, get used to it now."

"What are you gonna do?"

"Kurenai, take Kakashi to the Medical Treatment Center." Gai passed off the limp Jounin to the young woman. "Asuma will be my support. I've already arranged for reinforcements. For now, we will take them on here."

"Aren't you brave," the blue-skinned criminal taunted.

"Stop, Kisame," Itachi ordered. "We did not come here to start a war. This is nothing more than nonsense. Let's leave."

The man scoffed. "With this much trouble..."

The two disappeared, leaving the Jounins surprised by their sudden retreat. They didn't expect the S-Ranked criminals to leave without a further altercation. And for some reason, their chakra moved further away from the Village.