Chapter 6

Tazuna's daughter, Tsunami, welcomed them when they made it to the home. The bridge builder placed the Jounin on an extra bed and collapsed himself. Exhausted too from the day they had. Meanwhile, Sasuke laid Mai chest down on a sleeping mat, her head turned to the side in order to see the room.

"You alright, sensei?" Tsunami asked.

He nodded before she set to work on tending to the Be Fong's back and cutting away the what remained of the fabric and the bandages. It needed to be disinfected before the woman decided how to tend to the wound.

"Yeah, just can't move for a week or so," he sighed.

"The Sharingan is incredible, but if it puts that much stress on the body, I guess you have to think before using it," Sakura said.

"Well, we defeated a strong ninja," Tazuna smiled. "We should be safe for a while."

Mai groaned as the liquid used to clean out the wound burned a bit.

"You have two options," Tsunami said to the Be Fong. While Kakashi explained more about the Hunter Ninja that killed Zabuza. "You can either keep the wound open and it will heal slowly with a larger scar. Or I can stitch it up so it can heal faster and with minimal scarring. Though by pulling the skin back together will hurt. Your muscles and skin around that area will feel odd for a few days."

"It already feels like that," Mai said. "Just stitch it up."

Grabbing a needle and thread, the daughter began to patch up the Genin. Her jaw clenched in pain. Mai buried her head in the mat, trying to block it out.

"How you holding up, Mai?" Sasuke wondered. The Uchiha sat beside her, worried, yet didn't show it in his expression.

"It fucking hurts!" her voice came out muffled.

Sasuke chuckled. "That's understandable. You've got to be careful the next time around."

"Next time I go up against someone like him I want to be a damn Chuunin– No, a Jounin!"

It was hard for the Genin not to snort. When Tsunami finished, Mai fell fast asleep, Kakashi already in a dream-like state. While both slept, the woman fed the others before the group retreated back into the main room to relax.

"Hey, what do you think Kakashi-sensei looks like under his mask?" Naruto questioned out of the blue.

"How would I know," Sakura said.

"Aren't you curious?"

A few seconds later the two Genin were slowly sneaking towards the corner of the room and reached for the mask. Sasuke shook his head at the two idiots, their cries of alarm indicating the Jounin had woken up suddenly. Mai's arms that were folded under the pillow twitched, eyelashes fluttering open.

"You awake?" Sasuke asked.

"Unfortunately," the girl grumbled. "Who yelled?"

"The two idiots."

Kakashi sat up, and scratched his head.

"What's wrong?" Naruto asked.

"Hunters usually dispose of the body right there and then after the killing," the young man mused.

"So?" Sakura questioned.

"How did the masked boy dispose of the body?"

"We don't know. He took off with it."

"If he needed proof, the ninja could've just taken the head..." he continued. "And the weapons used to kill Zabuza..."

Sasuke's eyes widened, remembering the needles that rendered the Missing Ninja lifeless. "No way," the Uchiha trailed off.