13: step two

.......
.......
.......

The two of you were walking in silence. It was both awkward and comforting for some reason.

"Uh..." you looked at Osamu, "can we go buy some apple candy over there?" You pointed at the small booth selling different candied fruit.

Osamu smiled and nodded, suddenly holding your hand catching you off guard. You looked away and he dragged you near the stall. You did notice some people glancing your way because of your covered face but they decided to not bother you anymore.

This is why you love Japan.

"Hello there young man! Would ya like some candied fuits?!" The old man behind the stall greeted energetically.

"Yes. Two apples please." Osamu said, pulling his mask down then began taking out his wallet to pay.

"Osamu I can pay..." you tried to stop him but he just swatted your hand away (not too harsh though) so you won't be able to take away his wallet.

"Lemme pay. Ya can pay for the next one." He handed the money to the old man and thanked him for the candied apples.

"What a lovely couple...why are ya covering yer face young woman?" The old man asked.

"W-well—she has allergies sir." Osamu butted in. "We're being careful." He added.

Allergies...?

Wearing both hat and mask?

........

Okay.

"Thank you for the candy apples sir. Have a great night." You bowed to the old man who sent you a smile then waved at the two of you goodbye. Osamu dragged you to different stalls, did a small sightseeing, and even played with some kids that were enjoying their time at the playground while their parents were a few meters away, buying them snacks.

And now you guys were in front of this mini game, which Osamu suggested you guys try. This was a food festival but they have mini games too. Nice.

"Well hello to you two! Welcome to my stall." A nice middle aged woman greeted the both of you. "If you're able to shoot all the hoops in that red stick, you get to choose which giant food plushie to take home! Two hoops for a regular sized plushie and one hoop for a small keychain!" She explained and you both nodded.

"One round please." Osamu handed a few yen to the woman and she gladly took it before giving him the blue hoops for the game. You took out your phone and filmed him while he was concentrating.

How is he so good-looking?

His sharp jawline really looked so attractive on camera and even better in real life. His side profile was gorgeous. His defined eyebrows made him look mature plus his pointed nose and dark eyes easily made him the most handsome man you've ever met.

You often meet idols in award shows all dolled up, their hair styled and such and their fans worshipped them because of their visuals and talents. And you had to admit, idols that were a few years older than you and sometimes idols with the same age offered to take you out for a meal or something, you never really felt this way like how you felt with Osamu.

Those male idols can be ranked number one as the most handsome man in the world but Osamu would still be the most gorgeous in your eyes.

And this was the first time you've felt this.

You've had crushes before but none of them made you want them more every single day.

That's what makes Osamu Miya different.

"ARGH! DAMN IT!" Speaking of....

Osamu groaned in frustration. You looked at the front and saw that he missed the last hoop. You filmed the two hoops he managed to get in and then turned the camera to him, "you did a great job Osamu." He looked at the camera then smiled a little, making your heart pound against your chest.

"That was a bit close young man. But you can choose which food plushie you want to get! Or will you let your girlfriend choose?"

You blushed madly at the woman's question.

Meanwhile, Osamu smirked while blushing(he was trying to keep his cool).

"My girlfriend should choose what she wants." He wrapped his arm around your shoulder then asked you to pick the plushie you wanted. After scanning the displayed food plushies, you chose the onigiri one with a smiley face (it was a regular sized plushie by the way).

"This is a cute one! Well, thank you for playing! Enjoy the festival!" You both bid goodbye to the lady and continued on walking, his arm wrapped around your shoulder while you were hugging your new onigiri plush.