11

Maura hears a knock on her makeshift appointment door. She pulls on her robe before she grabs her small pistol that had been gifted to her on her nineteenth birthday by Arthur. He had deemed it a lady's gun because it was dainty like her. Polly had stared at the gift in disgust before sighing and handing Maura a small package which had a similar set of the lethal hairpins that Polly wore.

Maura opens the door to reveal the charming man with blue eyes that she had been relentlessly teased by her brothers about.

"Edward," Maura smiles up at the man.

Maura places her gun back on the counter.

"You were going to shoot me?"

Maura rolls her eyes at the man before she turns to face him.

"What can I do for you at this hour?" Maura asks, looking at the clock that shows the late hours of the night.

"I hated watching that man," The word held so much venom as he says it. "Drool all over you like you were a piece of jewellery in a display case"

"Well I am precious," Maura says. "You know that"

"I don't want any other men thinking you are available," Edward whispers, stepping forward. "They need to know that your my girl now"

"I'm yours?" Maura asks. "Honey, I'm nobody's. If anything, you're mine"

"I'll gladly be yours every day for the rest of my life," Edward says and Maura grins.

"You'll be willing to deal with me for the rest of your life?"

"God help me but yes I do, Maura Shelby," Edward says.

His hand comes up and rests on the side of her face. His head dips down and he presses his lips to hers. In that kiss was the sweetness of passion, a million loving thoughts condensed into a moment.

Maura's hand comes up to the back of his neck as they stumble into her apartment, Edward kicking the door shut behind them.

"I know the moment was romantic," Maura says. "But I want you to fuck me Edward"

"That can be arranged," Edward says.

Clothes were scattered across the floor as they stumble towards the bedroom. The only thing left on were Maura's stockings as they had Edward practically foaming at the mouth.

Edward lies Maura back on the bed and draw back to look at her body that was illuminated by the candlelight.

"Beautiful," Edward mutters as he raises his hand to caress Maura's cheek.

Edward hovered over Maura, guiding himself into her slowly, grunting as he watched her brown eyes flutter shut as she arched her back. He presses his lips to hers which Maura instantly responds to.

As her hands came up to grip Edward's shoulders, nails digging into his skin, he began to thrust hard, fast, aided by Maura's cries urging him to fuck her harder. His teeth were bared in an almost feral snarl as he grunted with each rough thrust, kneeling back on his knees and hoisting her down the bed, angling her hips up and pounding into her.

Soon Maura was incoherent, her face contorted with pleasure as her gasps turned into loud moans.

Edward lifts her leg up to his shoulder and hits spots Maura didn't know existed. Edward's thrusts begin to become sloppy as Maura pulls on the short strands of his hair.

"Fuck!" Edward shouts out as he finishes, aided by the spasms of Maura as her orgasm crashes over her.

Edward rolls off of Maura and lies next to her on the bed. Maura moves so her head is rested on Edward's chest, a light sheen coating their bodies.

"So we're in this together?" Maura asks.

"Together," Edward looks down at the young woman whose head was rested on his chest.

"For the rest of our lives?"

"For the rest of our lives,"