Chapter 6- Over It

Lauren's POV

With everything going on I haven't had time to spend with Dessy. Between dealing with Alaina and her bullshit, visiting Mario at jail and trying to stay mentally stable. I've neglected our mother-daughter relationship.

I walked into her bedroom and saw that she was playing with her toys.

"Hey Mommy, do you wanna play dolls with me?" She asked as she made her way towards me holding a Barbie.

I took the doll and kissed her forehead. "Thank you, baby."

A new pamper shop had opened in the mall by our house and I felt that would allow us to spend some quality time with each other.

I continued. "How about we go get our nails done today?"

Her face lit up with joy. She loved getting her nails polish and all things that was girlie. She was a walking mini me. When we arrived at the salon it was packed. Every technician had someone sitting in their chair.

"Hello and Welcome to Pamper Me." The hostess greeted while passing me a glass of champagne and a glass of sparkling cider to Destiny. "Someone will be right with you." She said directing us to the waiting room.

As I took a seat I noticed a familiar face walk through the door. My eyes widened at the sight of him. Him and who I assumed to be his daughter walked into the waiting room taking a seat next to Destiny and I.

"So we meet again." He smiled.

The cologne he wore smelled so good that it filled the air. I could tell it was something expensive. His dreads were pulled back and I could see his fresh lining.

Destiny stood and walked over to the little girl he was with. "What's your name?" She asked.

The girl looked at her father and he gave her a nod. "Sienna." She smiled.

"I'm Destiny."

"How about y'all go over to the play area." He suggested before turning towards me. "If that's okay with you."

"Yeah, that's fine." I nodded.

"Sienna be nice, aight?" He called out to his daughter as they walked away. His daughter took Destiny's hand and they walked off to where other kids were playing.

"I want to apologize for being so rude-

"Nah, it's cool. I'm sure you probably had a lot going on." He said. "I just caught you at the wrong time."

"I really did but that's no excuse. I shouldn't have blew up at you for trying to help."

"It's all good."

An awkward silence filled the space. "Uh, you and your daughter come here all the time?"

"This is actually one of her favorite spots. I try to bring her every weekend."

Part of me wished Mario and Destiny had that kind of relationship but because he was so focused on getting money he lacked in that area. I thought moving to California was going to be a new start for us but he was turning out to be the same ol' Mario.