Chapter 4 - The Tunnels

"Freddy!" Monty called out, his voice vibrating off the walls.

"Freddy!" You called as well, holding out your hands in front of your mouth to make your voice louder.

You both turned to the right. You were both in a steam filled, industrial tunnel. The tunnel was small, so you and Monty were pretty close against each other.

"This, uh, area's pretty cramped, huh?" You asked somewhat humorously, trying to ease the tense atmosphere.   

"Yeah, it is-" Monty suddenly stopped. You both were now behind of a chained gate. You were about to comment, when you heard the pitter patter of small feet on the other side. Monty stepped forward, and suddenly ripped the gate open. "INTRUDER!" He yelled violently, prompting a voice to gasp. "YOU'RE COMING WITH ME-"

"Monty, what's going on?" You asked frantically, trying to look around Monty's giant frame.

Monty looked back at you. "There's a kid running around! Must be the one Vanessa was talking about! We've got to... get... him.. to Norton..." The kid had run away.

"I've got him!" You ran around Monty, and began to sprint after the kid. One thing you noticed in all of your time here, was that you were much faster than the others, Roxy coming in at a distant second. How did you figure this out? Well, a simple foot race, of course. Monty came in last, if you remember correctly.

"Are you lost?

You immediately tripped, and slammed into the wall, the kid opened a door to your right, and you heard a bunch of boxes tumbling over. You looked to your left, and you saw Roxy's silhouette on the other side of another gate, her yellow eyes glowing brightly. Monty ran past you, after the kid.

"Be right back! Gotta catch the kid before he gets hurt!" Monty ran through door, not noticing Roxy's presence.

But you most definitely noticed her presence. In fact you were staring right at her, and she was staring right back at you. She seemed like she was leaning against the gate. Slowly, you pushed yourself off of the wall, and turned towards her.

"Roxanne?" You asked her, your voice echoing in the suddenly silent tunnels, the only sounds being the hissing of machinery.

You got no answer.

"Roxanne, are you okay?" You stepped towards her slowly, holding your hands up cautiously.

Still no answer.

"Roxy, you're really concerning me..." You looked at her with a worried expression.

"You are nothing." She said, prompting you to stop walking, and stare at her with widened eyes.

"...W-what?" You asked, with hurt in your voice. 

Roxy didn't say anything else, instead, she turned around, and walked into the wall of steam that awaited her.

"Roxanne, what.." You tried desperately to form a sentence. "Wait... why....?" 

You stared at the steam, listening to Roxy's light footsteps walk away.

"Sneak away, little coward...." You heard her say through the steam, but you were focusing on that. You weren't processing what she said to you. Did she actually mean that? Why would she say that? Was it whatever Vanessa had installed on her? As you were thinking about all of this, you heard heavy footfalls behind you, and the door opened. Monty sighed, audibly frustrated as stepped up next to you.

"Kid got away." He noticed your expression, and his tone became softer. "You okay?"

You pointed at the gate. "Roxy was over there, behind the gate and..." You paused. Why that hurt you so much? You know that it was probably because of whatever Vanessa did, but it still hurt. You've never been insulted before....

"And..?" Monty looked down at you, waiting for you to continue.

".... nothing. It's nothing. Let's go find Freddy, and that kid while we're at at." You turned around, and began to walk towards the doors. When you realized Monty wasn't following you, you stopped and looked back at him. "You coming?"

Monty was looking at you, a worried look on his face. He then sighed, then began to follow. "Yeah, I'm coming..."

***

A/N: HOLY SHIT, GUYS, I AM SO SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN A WHILE. Sorry this chapter is so short, I realized I hadn't written anything in a while, and I whipped this up in a little under an hour. 

Okay, so, next chapter is when the votes are all gonna be counted, and the winner is going to be revealed. Who is gonna end up with (Y/N)? Heh heh, guess you'll have to wait and see.....

Anyway, that's about it. See ya till then!
Have a day!~

Spazz-Kid, totally not a furry, ex-Redditor, bringer of the end times, ya new step-dad