Chapter 6: Dungeon

My heart races in response to the thunderous footsteps of the towering middle-aged man, his anger palpable as he approaches us with fury and displeasure.

As he draws closer, his face contorted with rage, I suddenly realize who he is.

The bright, capturing blue eyes that I suddenly lost into, the slender, perfection of body and broad shoulders. The expressions are the same, intimidating, powerful, and stone-cold.

This man here is no other than the great Alessandro D'piero's father.

Dear Lord... There are going to be two now.

My eyes turn to look at the guard that brought me here for help. "Mr. D'piero, guest, sir. He had requested me to help her with food and to her bedroom. I was doing wh-"

The rage that ripples through this man's eyes and body is like a thousand volcanoes erupting. "Oh, no, no, no! Not in this fucking house!" He hisses with a raised voice and wrath with his fists clenched.

What is his problem?

"But Mr. D'Piero requested-'' the guard respectfully begins, but the man does not give him time to speak as his rage keeps taking over.

"I have no care what my son said. He is not in his fucking right mind! I am not allowing him to put this house in danger, or my daughter. Bring her to one of the dungeons and lock her up!" He snarls furiously. "When my son comes, I will let him know we do not allow outsiders in this damn house! Or whatever the fuck she is!"

I have a feeling I am not going to like him much. Now I see where Alessandro got his temper and coldness. Who am I kidding? He is the same monster that created such monster, so what did I expect? To have a tea party with him when I got here, even though I had no idea he'd be here?

But how the hell am I going to survive in such home with two of them? Two monsters that the world fears?

That question ripple my fear and terror through my already quivering body, my heart speeding and stomach contracting with hysteria.

Not only did I come to live in a venomous household, but I will get locked inside the dungeon.

Can my life be any more chaotic?

Frightening?

I am giving myself a couple of days before I get murdered by either of them.

"But sir, this was strict orders from Mr. D'piero. If I do not-"

"Did you not fucking hear me?!" He roars with resentment and outrage, causing me to shift uncomfortably on my feet, getting more scared than I was before. I am terrified now and will be here for the rest of my life before I am murdered. "I may not be king anymore, but I still have power. I still have fucking say in whatever my son does! I am still Giuseppe D'piero, the man who once ruled all of this before I gave it all to my fucking son!" His voice is cold and vile. "Lock. Her. Up."

"Yes, sir," the guard next to me speaks, apparently disappointed and unsure, his hand going around my arm. "This way, Adrienne," I nod and walk as he escorts me.

My mother really had this sorted out. She got me where she wanted.

A place worse than hers.

-

An overwhelming silence engulfs everything around me, a silence so profound that it numbs my senses and makes the emptiness even scarier.

Darkness looms in every corner, making it hard to see as it intensifies the fears that grip my trembling heart, the coldness seeping into my bones as a constant reminder of the harsh reality of this place.