Chapter 47: The Ball

With enthusiasm, I quickly swing open the door to my bedroom, and Giana scurries in, deftly shutting it behind her.

In her arms, she holds an assembly of dresses, all varying in hues, dimensions, and designs.

"Alright, we have a limited time frame of five hours before the ball begins and three hours before Alessandro returns from his current whereabouts. So we must start making preparations without any delay," she utters, throwing a pile of dresses onto my bed before turning towards me, placing her hands on her waist, "Let us get started."

I respond with a nod and a smile before opening my bathrobe to reveal my undergarments.

She eagerly reaches out and takes hold of the first dress that catches her eye. Turning towards me, she holds it up, giving me a clear view of its design.

The dress is a stunning shade of dark green, and intricate diamond embroideries adorn the top portion. It is a strapless gown that flows elegantly down to the floor, with a lovely flare at the bottom that adds a touch of sophistication to its already alluring look.

I take the dress from her hands and hum, feeling the soft fabric against my fingertips.

With her assistance, I quickly slip into the dress and adjust it to fit perfectly. Once we finish, we head towards the full-length mirror, and I can't help but admire my reflection, my gaze following the contours of my body in the dress.

"I mean, it suits you flawlessly, but I do not think it is the one," Giana utters, eying the gown carefully, and I nod. "Let us get something else," She giggles, and so did I, getting myself from the dress.

Giana picks up a white dress from the bed, passing it to me, and I quickly slip it on, trailing my eyes up and down my posture.

The dress reaches below my knees and is adorned with a shimmering cascade of diamonds that extends from the top to the bottom. It boasts an alluring halter back design and has no straps, giving it a sleek and modern feel.

Although the dress fits me perfectly, it seems unsuitable for the occasion.

"Not for this event," Giana and I say in a union, making us both laugh, knowing she knew that before she handed me the dress but still gave me to try on.

After trying on several dresses, Giana finally selects the one that makes her smile with its perfect appearance.

The dress caught my attention as soon as I saw it, knowing it was the ideal choice.

It's perfect.

Examining the plush velvet long dress, I eagerly grasp it from Giana's hand while she grins.

"It is perfect!" She exclaims with amusement, and I nod, smiling my face off.

"I have found the perfect dress," I express with haste as I quickly remove the previous dress I was wearing and delicately slip into the dress I believe to be the ideal choice.

I carefully examine my reflection, scrutinizing every angle and detail.

Suddenly, a gasp escapes from my lips as I realize how perfectly the velvet fabric dress fits me, accentuating all my best features.

I eagerly pivot my body to face Giana, noticing that her eyes had opened wide.

"Adrienne, this dress is absolutely stunning. It is the one!" She exclaims with a smile as she scans the dress in awe.

This prompts me to turn back and examine the dress, carefully scrutinizing every inch of my body.

The royal blue floor-length dress is a ravishing and elegant piece featuring a high neckline that sits just above the collarbone and creates a chic and sophisticated look.