𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑 𝐎 𝐍 𝐄

𝐀 𝐓 𝐇 𝐄 𝐍 𝐀

It's difficult to be born to a rich old fashioned family who expects the world from you. That's what happening to me right now.

My parents didn't raised me they prefer to be a "young rich couple" instead of taking care of me. That's why my I have my Grandmother who raised me, they took care of me and made sure that I have the best and healthy life growing up.

My parents didn't think about me when I was growing up I guess they thought that being young and enjoying themselves was more important than taking care of their child.

Politely they did a good job finding me the person who love, take care and treat me well.

My grandmother did a wonderful thing. My parents thought that I was a "foolish mistake" they shipped me to them. I was young and didn't know anything at that time.

I learned everything when I moved to Greece with my grandparents. I attended the best private schools my parents gave me the best education I can thank them with that. I even learned the language.

I needed them when I was growing up I was traumatized when I called my mother she said "She regret having me" you could say I was heart broken and my head was confused.

I needed a love from my mom. But she rejected me. My life was wrecked at that moment when I thought I could like any teens and being closed to my mother.

Not everyone could understand how I dealt with my situation. I grew up and made it in high school I made some friends even though I was your typical nerd girl.

I passed with only A's that was something my parents requested from me. Not to ruin their reputation of being the richest couples in Greek.

I was at home, it the holidays and I was doing my final year I'm ready to go varsity and meet new people and have a new life. My Granny is my everything even though she's old now but she's the only person I'm close to and she can keep a secret.

I was busy making something to eat in the kitchen gathering all my thoughts I haven't noticed that there was someone with me in the kitchen.

"Athena you will lose that thick headed skull of yours if you think too much". Well that's Granny for you always telling me the truth.

" It's not that at all I'm just thinking about my life since I finished with school,there's no enough time I need to know which local varsity I'm going to."

She looks at me and smile. "Agaphti sit down there's something important I have to tell you and it might change your life"

She changes to speak into her mother tongue it's something that she did when I was growing up it helped me to become in fluent to the language. She has something to say I wonder what's that I mean my life is a roller coaster.

"A change in my life. Maybe I need something like that, I mean it could help me to be....free"

I kindly express how I felt to her it's something that I couldn't hide. I'm a person who doesn't hide anything I choose to express myself.

"I know you feel like you've been prisoned your whole life. But its not like that at all I know I'm the one who raised you but it was for the best and I love you as a child of my own." She tells me I know she might feel sad but I love that she understands me so well you can tell she knows me very well.

"I know Granny and I love you and appreciate you let's not get emotional over the past. You wanted to tell me something. What is it?"

"Well I have some good news your parents decided for you to study abroad and live in America"

Wow. I definitely didn't expect that I don't understand just because I finished school they only allow me now to travel and do something I want.

I know my mother knows that I wanted to study in America it's something that everyone knows about. I can't believe they actually agree to that.

"Oh wow." I'm speechless I have to say that.

"I know my dear, it's something unexpected but I though you were going to be happy. It's your wish to be in America and I'm happy for you my child."

"I know Granny but I'm just shocked I know they always provide me with the best education. I just didn't expect something like that. But you can't just expect me to be happy?" I hope she's not thinking about I know maybe I'm being dramatic or ungrateful but they don't expect to be happy about this and play 'happy family'.

"I understand you dear but don't take this the wrong way but I'm only looking for your best interest I know it's something that you wanted to do. They granted you that wish I know I don't want you to be happy and act like everything is okay. I don't know why they allowed you to be in America. But I can say that I'm happy for you at least you got your wish and can study. Don't look at this in a negative way it's an opportunity for you so take it and use it"

Spoken like a warrior that's why I love my grandma she understands me. She said something that I haven't thought about at all I guess I let my anger control me and not to be smart about this. She's correct I have been an opportunity and I'm going to use it.

"I know you want the best for me and I'm going to do that. I don't care if they did this but I'm going to make my dreams come true. And if they think they're going to think that they have a chance with me they can forget that, because I'm not going to forgive them"

"I know you're smart girl and you can make your own decisions. Nobody said anything about being forgetful to them but you must not allow that to destroy your life at the same time. So you are going to America?"

"Yes of course but I still have some few days I can't believe I'm going to move away from you. American is so far and I'm only going to see you during holidays"

Grandma is so special to me and I don't want to leave her alone. She can sense my change of emotions, she hugs me and I sob hard thinking that I'm not going to see her again.

"Shh. Everything is going to fine. Just be happy about starting a new life and don't stress so much about me."

"You can't just say that you know well that you're the only person that I love and have a relationship with. I'm going to miss you so much"

"Enough for today. Go to sleep and think about this take it in and just think"

"Okay Grandma. You're the best and I appreciate you." She gave me a good night kiss as if I'm still a child.

I'm always listening to her advice and everything. Maybe America is not a bad choice at all I can study and do whatever I want. I know my parents will be close to me but still I have the rights to do whatever I want and not to see their faces.

Greece is my home even though sometimes it didn't feel like home but I appreciated all the love I got from my Grandma. She knows it as well what this means to me.

I know I may look like someone who people feel sympathy for but I'm not like that. I'm strong young woman who's not looking for an escape from her life. I'm wrecked you can say that but at least I didn't allow myself to be controlled by my demons.

I control myself and now I'm becoming me.

T H A N K Y O U
First chapter. I hope everyone likes it.
F E G H T Y