TWELVE

Elle walked next to Sam and Bucky down the street as the two males spoke amongst themselves, leaving Elle stuck in her own mind, as she thought about Wren, and the Flagsmashers.

"What's going on in the big cyborg brain of yours?" Sam asked as Bucky looked down at the pavement.

"It's computing." Was all Bucky said.

"Oh, I can see it-" Sam said laughing as Elle spoke.

"We need to find out where the serum's coming from." Elle said and Sam nodded.

"And how in the hell after 80 years are there eight super soldiers just running loose." He said as a car honked past him. Elle looked back and saw a military car driving slowly in front of them.

"So that didn't go as planned." John Walker said opening the door and Elle clenched her jaw as the boys talked amongst themselves.

"Look, it's 20 miles to the airport, you guys need a ride." He said and Bucky shook his head and stepped into the truck, and Elle rolled her eyes and followed in.

As they drove, John, Sam and Bucky spoke and Elle looked out at the fields thinking of how the serum could have been made with all the knowledge she had.

"If you guys, if you joined up with us we could-" He said but Elle cut him off and spoke.

"No." She said looking at him and the black guy next to him spoke.

"You guys were kind of getting your asses kicked out there." He said and Elle clenched her jaw.

"I'm not trying to be Steve." John said and Elle looked at the driver and spoke.

"Stop the car!" She yelled and the car came to a halt.

"Elle, please. We need you." John said and Elle let out a dry laugh as Bucky got off the truck.

"You know what I need? For you not to be Captain America." She said and then stood up and walked off the truck.

"You aren't Steve, you will never be Steve. Drop the act, Walker. You're nothing special but a military man." Elle said and she began to walk after Bucky.

Elle sat on the plane staring down at her lap as thoughts ran through her head. What were they supposed to do? How are they supposed to take down the Flagsmashers? What was this supposed to mean for the world?

Elle breathed in deep and she shook her head as she tried not to think about the final fight against Thanos, Steve going back in time and returning as an old man.

Elle stood up from her position on the plane and spoke.

"Text me your location, I gotta do something." She said and she teleported out of the plane and disappeared.