THIRTEEN

Sam sat on the couch as Bucky leaned against the wall staring down at the two year old girl who was playing with her blocks on the carpet, as Sesame Street played in the background. Sam had a million thoughts running through his head, one of them wondering how the hell Elle managed to hide a two year old.

Sam looked at Wren and spoke.

"So she's....?" He asked and Elle nodded and spoke from her spot next to Wren on the carpet.

"My daughter, yes." She said and he squinted as if he didn't understand the concept of babies.

"But, how?" Sam asked and Elle glared at him and spoke.

"Well, two years ago, I had a one night stand with a guy. Things got steamy, we made out he-" She said but Sam covered his ears and spoke.

"I know how kids are made Eleanor." He said and she rolled her eyes and spoke.

"Is it really this shocking that I have a kid?" She asked and Bucky looked at her and spoke.

"Does the father know?" He asked and Elle shook her head and looked down at Wren.

"No, he doesn't know." She said and Vera walked into the living room, a plate full of some cut up fruit and she placed it on the coffee table in front of Elle and Wren.

"Is this your daughter too?" Sam asked and Elle rolled her eyes at him and spoke.

"No, asshole. Her name is Vera, she's Nat's younger sister." She said and Vera breathed in deep and Sam threw his hands up and spoke. 

"I feel like I don't know anyone anymore." He said and Elle scoffed and stood up from the ground and picked Wren up.

"Could you just-" She said and Vera nodded, grabbing the two year old from her mother and brought her into her room.

"We need a plan." Elle said and Bucky nodded and walked to the other couch and sat down on it.

"He knows all of HYDRA's secrets. Do you remember Siberia?" Bucky asked and Sam and Elle both shook their head knowing exactly who he was talking about.

"Yes, I remember fucking Siberia, James." Elle said and Bucky looked at her and she spoke.

"He's the reason the Avengers broke up. We are NOT going to Zemo for help." She said looking between the two.

Elle walked with Sam, Bucky, and Zemo as they went to board his plane, a face on Elle's.

"All this time you were rich?" Sam asked and Zemo laughed and glanced back at him.

"Not Stark rich. But I am a Baron, Sam." He said and Elle rolled her eyes and followed behind Sam.

"Where are we headed?" Elle asked as she sat back in the seat on the private jet.

Zemo glanced at her and then looked at his book and spoke.

"I'm liking this accent of yours. It really brings out the best in you." Zemo said and Elle glared at him and he spoke once more.

"Oh, this seems interesting. Who is Nakajima?" He asked and in seconds, Bucky jumped up from his seat and his hand was wrapped around Zemo's throat. Elle jumped up and placed a hand on Bucky's arm.

"Buck, sit." She said and when he didn't answer she gripped his shoulder and he spoke.

"Touch that again, and I'll kill you." He said and sat down, staring at Zemo with his gaze on Zemo

"Where are we going?" Elle asked once more and Zemo smiled and spoke.

"Madripoor, my dear Eleanor." He said and Elle rolled her eyes at his melodramatic response.

Elle sat against the couch looking between Sam, Zemo and Bucky, when the doors to Zemo's home broke open.

"Alright. That's it.Let's go. I'm not ordering you to turn him over now." John Walker said and Elle jumped up from her seat and looked at him.

"I know you aren't talking to me like that." Elle spat and Walker let out a laugh and spoke.

"What is up with you and your family acting like everyone has to bow down to them. Your father did the same thing and look where he ended up." He said and Elle snarled and spoke.

"How do you want the rest of this conversation to go, huh? Should I not use my powers? Make it a fair fight for your puny ass?" She spat and John Walker clenched his jaw.

John put his shield down getting ready to battle it out with Elle when a spear came and flew threw the air, by his face.

Elle watched as the Dora Milaje stepped into Zemo's home and she came face to face with Cebisa, the warrior who once helped her.

"Cebisa." Elle warned and Cebisa looked at her and spoke to John.

"You lay a hand on her and I will kill you." She said and John scoffed and went to place a hand on her shoulder but Cebisa took her spear and twisted it around himself. Elle used that as an advantage to go after John and she rushed to John and grabbed her arm and putting it around his neck, putting him in a choke hold.

"Bucky, stop her." Sam said and Bucky laughed and spoke.

"Looking strong John!" He yelled and Sam looked at him.

"Bucky." He said and Bucky groaned and walked over to Elle and grabbed her arm, pushing her back. 

"Elle stop." Bucky said and Elle shook her head and she kicked Bucky's leg in and proceeded to go after John with Cebisa.

"Elle!" Bucky yelled and grabbed Elle by the back of her neck, as soft as he could and he threw her back. She stumbled back into the wall and she grabbed the curtain and yanked it down, tearing it from the window. She took it and rushed to John and tied a knot and slipped it over his head. She pulled back and he yanked backwards and groaned.

"Elle!" Bucky yelled and he jumped in front of Elle and spoke, looking into her eyes.

"You kill him, you lose Wren." He said and Elle blinked and looked at him and then John and she clenched her jaw.

"He's gone. Let's go." A Dora Milaje warrior said and Cebisa dropped John and spoke in Wakandan and left.

John stormed out with Lemar and Elle looked in the bathroom and spoke.

"Zemo?" She asked and Sam nodded and they all rushed out of the house.

"This is why I said we should have never let him out." Elle mumbled and Sam groaned and spoke.

"You're always right." He said and Elle nodded and spoke.

"I know. Let's finish this with Carli and find Zemo." She said and they walked into the abandoned building and Bucky spoke.

"Split up, cover more ground." He said and they all nodded and Sam went straight, Bucky went to the left and Elle went to the right.

Elle rushed to find if Zemo could have possibly been hiding here, like Elle knew he'd be and when she didn't find anything looking behind sinks she went to the grand staircase and looked over the balcony. 

She clenched her jaw, wondering where the Sokovian could be and before anything else could happen, Elle felt a prick in her neck. She turned to see one of the Flagsmashers in front of her and she saw the needle in his hand, which was filled with the blue Super Soldier Serum. Her eyes widened and he kicked her off the staircase.

She fell through the wood, and she hit the ground below, her head hitting the concrete.