The Devil Arrives (13)

[Daredevil POV]

I run into a nearby ally and stop. I lean back against the wall and catch my breath. The smell of blood is intense. I use two of my fingers and softy touch my bottom lip. I get a small sniff in, the scent it heavy. My lip is definitely busted. Now that I stop to breath I can taste the blood.

I spit to get the blood out of my mouth then run the back of my hand over my chin to clean myself. I take one more deep inhale then scale the building. I hop on a dumpster then jump up to grab a ladder. I pull myself up then climb. I get to the top and waste no time. I run from one building to the next.

I come to a stop from the sound of an engine. Sounds like he's trying to escape. He can handle himself, his sister is the one who needs help. I continue to run until I get deep into Hells Kitchen. I'm just about in the center of the Kitchen. He said building twelve apartment nineteen but that's not exactly a precise location.

I get on one knee and put my head down. I slow my breathing and listen. I can hear electricity running through every building. I can hear many televisions running at once. All of them on the news. They are all reporting on some kind of demon on a motor bike. It hard to focus when so many voices and heartbeats fill this place.

I hear a mother comforting a crying baby. A man crying while writing something on paper. A cat purring as it lays next to someone young. A couple, probably married, arguing over something money related. I can smell marijuana and cigarette smoke few blocks down coming from a window. Then I hear static of a radio.

???: "Keep a close eye on the girl. Any sign of a break in or struggle move her immediately."

???: "Understood, Brook out."

It's not to far from me. I stand up and break into a sprint. I hop from one building to another, flipping over and obstacles in my path. I now stand on my target building. I tune in again, trying to assess everything inside and out. I hear eleven separate heartbeats.

One of the heartbeats is weak and slow. I focus in on that person trying to identify them. It's a woman, she's cold, she's breath but just like her heart, it's slow and weak. She's on the top floor and is being watched by two out of the ten men. Both have small, but automatic weapons. Blades in their boots and sidearms in a back holster.

The entire top floor is barricaded so I have to go through the second or first floor. I hear the echo of boots then a door opening. Two men just walked out with cigarettes in their mouths. I grab a loose brick off the ledge and toss it where it's dark and they will be unseen. It breaks in pieces grabbing the men's attention.

They ready their weapons and move in. I stand on a second floor ledge and wait for them to stand right under me. I jump down right in-between them. I throw a right hook to one then a side kick to the other causing him to fall and drop his gun. I focus my attention to the first one. I deliver an uppercut then a right hook. I then give him a tornado kick knocking him flat on his back.

The other one behind tries to go for his gun. I pull out my billy club and throw it in the center of his face. I can hear his nose break on impact. He covers his face while tossing and turning. I walk up to him and loom over him.

DD: "What's your name?"

Brook: "Brook." He says with shaking breath.

DD: "Brook what?"

Brook: "Just Brook."

DD: *scoff* "Okay just Brook, I'm going to need your help."

Brook: "Oh yah, and what do I get."

DD: "You're in no position to make demands. But I will still give you an out."

Brook: "An out?"

DD: "You get both men away from the girl with out raising suspicion and once I'm done you can run."

Brook: "I can't run. They will find me."

DD: "Fisks men won't do anything because they won't be paid. The person who manages your money has skipped town. You could too."

Brook: "So I do what you asked and I'm free?"

DD: "Yup, but if I catch you doing something in the future you won't get off easy."

Brook: "Okay let me get my radio."

DD: "Go for the piece in the back or the blade in your boot, I break something else."

He gives a nod then grabs the radio on his side. He tunes it then puts it to his mouth.

Brook: "To the two guarding the girl, Mr Fisk wants to speak with you. He is outside in the front."

???(radio): "Copy, on the way."

I reach out my hand and he puts the radio in my hand. I throw it to the wall shattering it to pieces. He slowly gets up then runs in the opposite direction. I hear the two men coming down from the second floor to the ground floor. I run to the front door and wait until they are right in front.

They go to open the door but I kick it in hitting them both. They fall to the floor dropping their weapons. I pick on of them up and unload it. I throw the clip at one, and the gun it self at the other. I climb up the stairs while listening for anyone else. I hear three more pairs of boots walking around in the room next to me.

There's another room adjacent to the room I'm next to. I the room I'm next to is ill prepared. None of them have weapons ready. I kick the door in and run in. I push kick one to the ground and uppercut another. The last one goes for a gun. I grab the arm that holds the gun and shoot it out the door and through the other room.

I hear all of them drop to the ground but one got hit. Can't pinpoint where however. I then break the man's arm I'm holding and slam his head into the wall. The other two go for their blades and get ready. Two men from the other room start to get up and walk out. I decide to take the fight into the hall.

I run into the hall and drop kick the two men coming out of the other room. I get up quickly as the other two with knives rush me. They swipe at me but barely miss me. One goes for a stab, so I catch his wrist and twist it. He drops it so I kick the other in the knee dropping him to the floor.

I headbutt the one I have ahold of the knee I'm in the gut. He loses his breath and falls to the ground. I grab the other and throw him over the railing, causing him to fall to the ground floor. The last two get up so I grab the knife on the floor and throw it at one of them. The handle hits one of them center of the nose hurting him pretty badly.

The last one come at me with a barrage of punches. I dodge all of them. He goes for a right hook so a go for a quicker punch of my own. I hit him right in the throat causing him to choke. I just deliver a straight punch then toss him over the railing as well.

I walk into the room to check the wounded man. I can smell his blood and feel his body temperature. He's holding his thigh and breathing heavily. I walk up to him and kick him in the face dealing with the last guard.

-----------------------------------------------------

This chapter took long than expected. I had trouble trying to put Daredevil's perspective into words. Hope its good.