Chapter 6: Until the Clock Strikes

[Kevin, Sophie, and Krystal are walking up to a small shack where a woman dressed as an elf is coming out interested they run ahead a bit further to her as Kevin caught up.

Kevin out of breathe spoke to the elf "Excuse me."

Santa's Elf turned to the two kids "Yeah?"

Sophie complimented "Hey, nice shoes."

Santa's Elf smiled looking down "Oh, thanks."

Kevin asked accidentally holding Sophie's hand "Is he still here? It's really important that I see him."

Santa's Elf turned and pointed "He's gettin' in his car. If you hurry, you can catch him."

Santa talking to the ticket given by the police "How low can you go! Giving Kris Kringle a parking ticket on Christmas Eve! What's next, rabies shots for the Easter Bunny?"

Kevin running over to Santa with the girls "Santa, hold on. Can I talk to you for a minute?"

Santa replied "Quickly. Santa's got a little get together he's late for."

Kevin began his request "we kknow you're not the real Santa Claus."

Santa [smoking a cigarette; his fake beard is pulled down] Huh, what makes you say that? Just out of curiosity. [Pulls beard up]

Kevin "we're old enough to know how it works."

Santa said: "All right."

Krystal grins looking at kevin then back at Santa continuing"But we also know you work for him. I'd like you to give him a message."

Santa would simply answer "Shoot."

Kevin answered "I'm Kevin McCallister and this is my twin sister and my girl— I mean my best friend, 671 Lincoln Blvd. Do you need the phone number?"

Santa replied to the kids "No, that's all right."

Kevin began "This is extremely important. Please tell him instead of presents, I just want my family back. No toys. Nothing but Peter, Kate, Buzz, Megan, Linnie and Jeff. And my aunt and my cousins. And if he has time, my Uncle Frank. Okay?"

Santa nodded said: "Okay. I'll see what I can do."

Kevin said softly "Thanks."

Santa he puts his hand out "hait. My elf took the last of the candy canes home to her boyfriend."

Kevin "That's okay." He was still holding Sophie's hand even though she ain't the one complaining.

Santa he began to hold out his hand "No, don't be silly. Everybody who sees Santa has got to get somethin'. Here, hold out your little paw there."

[pours out a few mint Tic-Tacs into his glove]

Santa began to speak "There you go. Don't spoil your dinners."

Kevin smiled saying "I won't. Thanks."

[Santa gets in his car only for it to stall] Santa: Son of a...

[Kevin, Sophie still with her hand in his and Krystal are in the church; Marley is sitting in a nearby pew and asks Kevin if he can sit with him. the choir is singing "O Holy Night"]

Marley looked down at the three of them talking to the kids "Merry Christmas. May I sit down? That's my granddaughter. The little red-haired girl. She's about your age. Do you know her?"

Kevin shook his head no "No."

"I do, we have classes together," Sophie replied with Krystal nodding

Marley nodded as he acknowledged the girls "You three live next to me, don't you? and I know you, Sophie pleasure to see you, You can say hello when you see me. You don't have to be afraid. There's a lot of things going around about me, but none of it's true. Okay? You've been good this year?"