The Pocky Game

•| Shizaya Love Story |• 

Anime: Durarara!!

There is this new craze in Ikebukuro and it is called the Pocky Game. It is popular with teenagers, especially couples. It's a game where two people bite each end of the pocky, munch it down upto the very middle and find out who will last the longest. It's whether one gives up or both the participants will end up kissing.

The informant sighed and slumped on his table. He had no clients and there was nothing fun to do in mind except for tormenting his lovely secretary who had a chocolate stick in her mouth. "So what's with this Pocky thing lately?"

"What kind of informant doesn't have answers to his own questions?" Nami stated with a hint of sweet bliss. Izaya just glared.

"I never thought a mere snack would be relevant information for my lovely humans."

"Well, it is. And for the sake of your entertainment, I'm going to answer you. It's called the Pocky Game. Two people eat the both ends of the stick until they meet at the middle. The one who gives up loses. Easy as that." She answered and continued typing.

Izaya was not impressed. "Have you played it before, Nami?"

Nami felt like she made a mistake telling him about the game now that he asked her that question. Did she dare to tell the truth? "I - haven't." She did.

"Let's play!" Izaya shot up from his chair energetically. Nami saw this coming. She knew yet she hoped that he wouldn't be as annoying as to actually challenge her. But he was and she regretted telling him the truth. Yet she couldn't help but sigh because she also felt that even if she lied, Izaya would still ask her to play either way.

"No." She answered firmly.

"You get a month off if you win."

Hearing those words, Nami took a stick, placed it in her mouth, stomped her way to Izaya's table and waited for him to take a bite. Izaya was surprised to see how fast she changed her mind, but he commends her frankness about not wanting to be trapped in her office with him and that she'd take any chance to get away.

"Okay then." He toke a bite and not a second later the game started.

Nami's and Izaya's lips would inch closer and closer to each other every second as Izaya stared at Nami with an expression she couldn't describe. She usually saw his boss as a childish immature brat who was smart, but at that moment he stared at her as if he was cool and assertive, waiting for something that'll amuse him.

There was an inch left from the stick and Nami felt her face redden in anger and in embarrassment as the man's eyes stared at her bored. There was half an inch left-

Crack

That's where Nami finally gave up and bit off her half literally then snapping her head away from her boss. Izaya stared at her surprised again, but in no time he laughed, throwing his head back and holding his aching stomach.

"You should've seen your face, Nami! It was hilarious!"

Nami said nothing.

"I'd like to see what other people would look like while we play!"he stood up, grabbed his black parka and walked towards his door still snickering to himself, "I'm going out, Nami. Bye bye!"

It was only when she heard the door shut close was the moment she could curse aloud. That one month was almost in her hands, but then again it wasn't worth it if he had to kiss that sadistic and psychotic moron.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

"You... want to play the Pocky Game with me?"

Izaya shined a bright smile at Shinra when he asked. Two men both stood at the door, one outside who had a bag of pocky in his hand, the other looking really puzzled and slightly annoyed.