[ CHAPTER-6 ]

Pandavas and Kauravas, along with their entire entourage, including women and children, gathered for a momentous assembly. It was an assembly laden with significance, capable of either ushering in an era of peace or leading to unforeseeable consequences. Among the women in attendance, most exuded relief and happiness at the cessation of the war. However, there was one exception - the fire-born princess, who had been a victim of the ongoing conflict between the cousins .

Duryodhan firmly declared, "Pithama, as I've mentioned, let's conclude this assembly. I'm committed to peace, and I'm prepared to return Indraprastha to the Pandavas ." He spoke without making eye contact with the Pandavas

Draupadi inquired with a surprising proposition, "So, are you willing to crown my Arya Yudhishthir as the King of Hastinapur?" Her question left everyone in astonishment. Duryodhan's response was resolute, " I would prefer death over witnessing Yudhishthir as the King of Hastinapur ."

Continuing, Duryodhan clarified, "Don't mistake my willingness to peace as fear; it's solely for the sake of friendship that I've agreed to peace. Karna shall be the one to lead the mighty Kuru lands and ascend the throne of Hastinapur ."

Entire assembly was shocked to hear the statement from duryodhan including Kauravas , Ashwathama smiled as he expected this from his dear friend

Rising from her throne, Draupadi began, "I had hoped to forgive you and your brothers for the wrongs committed against me and my husbands, but your arrogance..." Her words were interrupted by Duryodhana, who retorted, "Who asked you for forgiveness? I never sought it. And if we talk about the dice game, ask your husbands who placed the bets that led to your plight. Did I force them to wager you ?"

Duryodhan declared, "I'm willing to seek forgiveness in the sabha if you do the same for my friend, whom you insulted before the entire Aryavarta sabha merely because you desired to wed Arjun , will the fire born princess pride allows that ."

Draupadi responded firmly, "It's my prerogative to choose whom I shall marry ."

Duryodhana continued, "In that case, you should have directly married Arjun instead of inviting every king in Aryavarta and disrespecting the one who was competent enough to fulfill the challenge ."

Draupadi found herself without a response and sat on the throne in frustration. Duryodhana paid no heed to the Pandavas as he reiterated, "Pithama, as I mentioned, I will return only what I gained from them in the dice game - nothing beyond that. The throne of Hastinapur and the treasures won by Karna during the Digvijaya will be rightfully ours ."

Bhisma looked at Pandavas waiting for them to talk " putro go on speak , is it okay with you that duryodhan has stated "

Yudhishthir affirmed, "Yes, Pithama, we have no objections concerning the Kingdom, but Duryodhan and Dushashan must seek forgiveness from Draupadi by humbly falling at her feet. This is a necessary step ."

Draupadi smiled, appreciating that at least her husband cared for her .

-----------------------------------

Shani commented, "Surprisingly brother, I had considered him nothing but avaricious, but it seems he possesses some admirable qualities. He opted for peace over war ."

Yam chimed in, "Indeed, Karna. I never anticipated Duryodhan's willingness for peace, and it appears that it's primarily because of the deep respect he holds for your friendship." They both directed their gazes at Karna, who remained ensnared in the magical rope.

Karna inquired, "So, will I be released from this rope now ?"

Yam assured him, "Not immediately, but you will be free soon enough."

Shani added firmly, "We won't let you go quietly. Until we are certain of your safety, you're staying put ."

Karna, prideful in his warrior spirit, declared, "I can fend for myself."

Shani responded, "No doubt about your capabilities, but my concern is for your own kindness and generosity. Many may seek to exploit it, and that's what worries me."

Yam inquired, "When you reunite with your brothers, how will you confront them? They're all aware of your true identity, and it appears they deeply regret it, especially my son, Yudhishthir."

Karna had never contemplated this scenario, convinced that he would meet his end in the war. He hadn't anticipated his true birthright being revealed before the war's conclusion and the conflict coming to an unexpected halt. The thought of meeting Arjun and Bheem, particularly after all that had transpired, was undeniably awkward, but he knew it was something he had to face .

----------------------------------------

Yudhishthira heard Duryodhan's unapologetic words, "Like I said, I harbor no regrets or guilt for my actions toward you and your family. I won't be asking Draupadi for forgiveness, not a chance ."

Draupadi's anger flared, but unexpectedly, it was the Queen of Hastinapur who spoke out. "Putra Yudhishthira, my sons will humble themselves and seek forgiveness from Draupadi ."

Duryodhan began to protest, but his mother's firm slap across his face silenced him.

Gandhari sternly commanded," Duryodhana, if you hold even a shred of respect for your mother, offer an apology to the woman you insulted by humbling yourself at her feet ."

Draupad stated, "Merely falling at her feet won't suffice as a punishment. Like my daughter stated They should surrender Hastinapur to my son-in-law and my daughter. They endured 13 years in the forest because of your son ."

" don't take me wrong panchal Raj , like my son said vasusen will accend the throne and rule it since he is eldest to all the prince's yudhishthir has no right on it nor duruyodhan does , as for your daughter spending her time on forest was her decision to accompany her husbands and it was yudhishthir who lost his kingdom don't forget that " Gandhari stated

----------------------------------------

So How was the 6th chapter, hope you all liked it ?....

Shani and yamdev are watching live on what's happening on earth? Do they have popcorn with them ...👀

That's it if you have any suggestions or doubts , comment on the comments section