Chapter 2

The moment Lionblaze saw the she-cat, he immediately understood why his brother was so head-over-paws for her. She was beautiful, but she also carried an air of gentleness, gracefulness and calmness.

"This is Half Moon," announced Jayfeather.

Half Moon could see the cats studying her, and after a moment the golden tom spoke.

"I'm Lionblaze, Jayfeather's brother," he said.

"I'm Squirrelflight, Jayfeather and Lionblaze's aunt," the dark ginger she-cat meowed, and she hesitated for a moment before continuing, "I raised them as their false mother."

"Why?" Half Moon blurted out before looking embarrassed.

"Because medicine cats aren't supposed to have kits or a mate," growled the dark brown tabby, "I'm Bramblestar, leader of ThunderClan and Squirrelflight's mate."

"I'm Leafpool, Jayfeather and Lionblaze's mother." mewed the light brown tabby she-cat softly.

"I'm Redpelt." said the red tom shortly.

"And I'm Silversplotch, Redpelt's mate," mewed the white she-cat, gently.

"Hi to all of you but, Jayfeather, why did you bring me here?" she asked.

"They need to know," her mate answered, his blind eyes boring into her green ones, "I've brought you into the future here."

"Okay," Half Moon took a deep breath and spoke, "I'm expecting Jayfeather's kits," she mewed in a rush.

"Phllllllbbbbbbbbbbtttt," Lionblaze had just started lapping up some water from a nearby pool, and he spat out all of  it when she made her announcement. Bramblestar, Squirrelflight, Leafpool, Redpelt and Silversplotch stared at Jayfeather in extreme shock and dismay.

"Wha-Why is this so terrible?" asked Half Moon, confused.

"Jayfeather is a medicine cat, and medicine cats cannot have kits." mewed Silversplotch, "Wait, I have an idea, why don't I raise them with my litter?"

"No!" argued Squirrelflight, "I have experience, and trust me, it's no fun lying to everyone everyday."

"You're right about this," muttered Bramblestar.

"We don't need to lie," meowed Silversplotch, "we will simply say we found them."

"But, what about me?" cried Half Moon, "I can't bear to never see my kits again!

"Well," Silversplotch grinned cheekily, "What if one of us who knows the secret takes them to you every half-moon for you to see them?"

"Good idea," Half Moon nodded.