Chapter 10

Burnbright's heart lurched uncomfortably as her sister sent her a look that said "I hate you", and she nudged Spottedkit even more closer to herself. Next to her, Eagletalon glared at the pale gray she-cat, the dislike and disgust in his eyes plain. Burnbright noticed that Dovewing flinched when she saw Eagletalon's glare.

Burnbright nudged Spottedkit into a small patch of sunlight and nodded for Whitewing to keep an eye on the kit. Then she turned to Eagletalon.

"We need to talk," she meowed.

"Yes?" For the first time, Eagletalon sounded wary.

"Can you be a little nicer to Dovewing? She still likes you, you know," she mewed softly.

"She tried to hurt you and Spottedkit!" hissed Eagletalon, outraged that she was asking him to be kind to that heap of fox-dung.

"She wanted your attention, Eagletalon." sighed Burnbright.

"Fine, I will try talking to her." muttered Eagletalon.

"I'll come with you," offered Burnbright.

Eagletalon nodded gratefully.

Dovewing gave a start as she saw Eagletalon padding towards her with Burnbright and Spottedkit. For once, there was something other than hostility in his eyes.

"Erm, Dovewing?" mumbled Eagletalon.

"Yes?" she said, shocked he wasn't glaring at her.

"IjustwantedtosaythatmaybeIwastoorudeandmeantoyouandthatIamsorryabouthatI knowyoulikemebutIamalreadymateswithBurnbrightbutcanwestillbefriends." mumbled Eagletalon in a rush.

(Eagletalon said, "I just wanted to say that maybe I was too rude and mean to you and that I am sorry about that. I know you like me but I am already mates with Burnbright but we can still be friends." Just in case you guys can't interpret what he said(meowed?"))

"Oh! Of course we can!" In a flash, all Dovewing's jealousy and dislike towards her sister vanished, along with her revenge plan. She realized that her sister was the one who truly deserved the tom.

"But," Dovewing added hesitantly, "Is it true that Jayfeather is your-"

"-father?" supplied Burnbright, "Yes, it's true. He told me...last moon."

"Keep it a secret!" growled Eagletalon, glancing around nervously.

"We will!" replied the sisters in unison, they flashed each other a grin that they hadn't shared in a long time.