Chapter 6

"Eaglepaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?" asked Bramblestar.

 Eaglepaw swallowed and said, "I do." 

Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. Eaglepaw, from this moment on you will be known as Eagletalon." announced Bramblestar, he rested his muzzle on the new warrior's head and Eagletalon licked his shoulder with respect.

"Burnpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?" asked Bramblestar.

Burnpaw replied steadily, "I do."

Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. Burnpaw, from this moment on you will be known as Burnbright." announced Bramblestar, he rested his muzzle on the new warrior's head and Burnbright licked his shoulder with respect.

"Icepaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?" asked Bramblestar.

Icepaw dipped her head and said, "I do."

Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. Icepaw, from this moment on you will be known as Iceshine." announced Bramblestar, he rested his muzzle on the new warrior's head and Iceshine licked his shoulder.

"Snowpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?" questioned Bramblestar.

Snowpaw padded forward, "I do."

Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. Snowpaw, from this moment on you will be known as Snowpelt." announced Bramblestar, he rested his muzzle on the new warrior's head and Snowpelt licked his shoulder, feeling proud.

"Dovepaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?" asked Bramblestar.

Dovepaw's throat felt weird as she saw Burnbright and Eagletalon fixed their intense gazes on her, but she swallowed and said, "I do." as calmly as she could.

"Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. Dovepaw, from this moment on you will be known as Dovewing." announced Bramblestar, he rested his muzzle on the warrior's head and Dovewing licked his shoulder even though her heart hurt as though she'd eaten thorns with her mouse.

"Fluffpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?" asked Bramblestar.

"I do!" mewed Fluffpaw excitedly.

"Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. Fluffpaw, from this moment on you will be known as Fluffpelt." announced Bramblestar, he rested his muzzle on the warrior's head and Fluffpelt licked his shoulder, trembling with excitement.

"Eagletalon! Burnbright! Iceshine! Snowpelt! Dovewing! Fluffpelt!" cheered the Clan as the new warriors padded into the clearing for their vigil.