Chapter Five

=Heather=

We all took the boys back to the castle, still in shock by what just happened. One minute we were having a great time at the Harvest Festival, the next we were dropped a bombshell and still reeling. The dragons are all in the courtyard, restless. Just when we thought we could have more time before another crisis comes, its the opposite. I just got my boyfriend back after being separated from him for days, now he's gone again for Odin knows how long? On a quest of all things? 

The boys woke up when we got back to the castle, all of us hudled in a room turned into a ward by the servants, each boy in a bed. Elsa supplied ice water for them all in basins with towels to help lower their body temperatures. None of us could sleep. We all spent the night talking and coming up with a plan. 

Queen Iduna told the boys what Pabbie told us. Their quest, the markings on their arms, and our quest as well. Everyone's destiny closer than we thought. 

"Then, what's the plan?" Skylar asked. 

"We follow Pabbie. All of those marked will find the hidden world. But, not right away. You're heading into uncharted waters, literally. The only accounts of the hidden world ever recorded are pretty few. No one alive today knows where the location of it is. The last record I know of who has even come close to it is from my father. He was the last of the Haddocks to explore further than anyone in the archipelago. I still have his journals and maps, it should help you find it." Stoick told them. 

"And us?" Rapunzel asked, worried. 

"You girls complete your circle. I believe the boys were marked because they were finally realized and completed. Find your missing links. You girls will have to leave as well. Search far and wide until you are all complete. I believe you will know what to do next once you are marked." Valka advised us. 

"But, what about the archipelago? Northuldra? Ahtohallan? Everything we swore to protect?" Elsa worried.

"We'll fend off the home bases. We'll spread out, and prepare for anything. We'll make sure to keep everything safe and intact, ready to defend should our enemies come marching to our gates." Marvick assured her. 

"Will we all be together again?" Anna was the one to ask. 

"Yes. In the hidden world. If my hunch about this is right, then our magic training is to prepare for the hidden world to be our stronghold. Our base, our home. The Alpha Dragons are there, with their nests, waiting for us to arrive, train and prepare to protect it. We come in and fortify it, and once the girls are complete, they'll lead everyone to it. Our civilisations, our families, our tribes. Our destiny is to form the hidden world, and protect its magic. We knew that all along. But what we didn't know until now, is how that's gonna happen." Jack announced. 

"He's right. This is what we've been building towards. No one said it was gonna be easy. And as painful as it is to be separated from the ones we love for who know's how long, its gonna be worth it all in the end. We're all gonna be in the hidden world together, in the end. I know it. Not just us. But our people, our dragons, our friends. We can't take this lying down. We have to face it head on and overcome whatever darkness is coming our way. Because this, what we all have right here, this is worth every kind of pain we endure on ahead." Hiccup seconded his best friend, his voice firm and strong. 

We all nodded, a new found courage instilled in us from his words. Which kinda makes sense since he wields the element of courage. 

"What do we do first?" Cass asked. 

"We work out a plan of divide and conquer. If we all have to be separated indefinitely, then we need a solid plan of defense for each kingdom and island left vulnerable. If the parents will head these measures, then we must initiate protocols should things turn for the worse." Elsa answered.