Chapter Eight

=Heather=
With Mala leading the way, we made it to our first stop. And I was actually relieved that it was just us women on Razorwhips when we flew over -Mala was not kidding when she said the tribe was all women and they were incredibly territorial against males of all kind and other dragon species. I hate to think what would happen to the boys if they came along here. Or, what the boys would do to them if they came along. These ladies mean business, and I don't think some harmless flirting will get away with them.

As we landed, we were greeted by a party of women in silver armor with incredibly familiar wings on their backs. Their leader had green eyes, red hair adorned with a silver crown, and an air of confident grace about her.

"Queen Mala. Always good to see you." She greeted Mala with a smile and a firm handshake.

"Atali, always an honor to visit Wingmaiden Island." Mala greeted her in return.

"You are always welcome here, of course." Atali, as I heard Mala say her name, warmly smiled at her before her green eyes turned to us.

"Though I was not prepared for you to come with guests."

"Do not fret, they are trustworthy and of noble blood. They treat dragons as equals, the same as your tribe and mine." Mala assured her, which made Atali's shoulders drop slightly in relief.

"Allow me to introduce my future sister-in-law, Heather, and our friends, Queen Elsa, Queen Anna, Queen Rapunzel and Astrid. And their Razorwhips, Windshear and Callisto." Mala introduced us one by one.

"Future Sister-in-law? I was not aware of your betrothal." Atali looked at her in surprise.

"It is a fairly recent betrothal. And a wedding is not to be expected anytime soon, unless the gods put the odds in our favor to a war that beckons us."

"A war?" Atali looked alarmed. 

"It's best if we take this conversation to somewhere private. I fear what I'm about to tell you carries great weight and may be a bit of a shock." Mala told her sullenly.

"Of course. You may follow me to my quarters. I'll have my attendants tend to your friends and their dragons." Atali only nodded.

"If its alright with you, I would prefer the company of two of my friends. I find they would better explain parts of the beckoning war and the reason why we've come to you." Mala requested, and Atali gave her approval.

"Elsa, Heather?" She called us, and Elsa and I could only follow her.
Atali was also accompanied by a skinny blonde warrior and a beefy brunette that resembled her in a way.
Anna, Rapunzel and Astrid were led away by other women towards a bonfire with freshly cooked food and sea slugs for the dragons.

______________________________________

"I... uh..." Atali stuttered after Elsa, Mala and I just told her everything.
Even her attendants were wide-eyed and gobsmacked.

I don't really blame them. It's not exactly something you can just drop on someone who thinks its just a friendly visit.

"I can understand this is a bit of a shock to hear out of the blue..." Elsa gently broke the deafening silence.
No kidding.

"...but we wouldn't have come here if it wasn't serious."

"No,I-I-I understand the gravity of the situation, a-and the war ahead sounds deathly serious. The news i-is just... i-it's a bit overwhelming to hear, i-if I'm being honest." Atali let out a shaky breath.

Good thing she was sitting down when we told her.

"It is, truth be told. And it should not be taken lightly. If you need some time to process all that we have told you, as well as deciding on whether you would like to know if you're the noblewoman we are searching for to help us win this war, we completely understand." Mala gently assured her, and Elsa and I nodded earnestly at her words.