four

As we were roaming around the campus, Valarie didn't stop talking

As we were roaming around the campus, Valarie didn't stop talking. She sends away the girl that was supposed to give me a quick tour, saying that she'd do it herself. The girl looks at her in shock, mouth wide open as Valarie tells her in an authoritative tone, "You're not needed anymore. I'll show her around."

It was clear that Valarie was popular. Everyone stared at me in shock when we were walking around, with her arm hooked to mine and Adrien behind us. I pass an awkward smile to those that make eye contact with me.

"So just to confirm, you two are the Gods of this place?"

Adrien chuckles and pinches my cheeks as I wave his hand off my face, "See, this is what I was talking about Val, she's so fucking cute."

Val looks at me in sheer amusement, "You're exaggerating, Gods of this place."

She imitates my British accent and I couldn't help but break into a short laugh, "Nice try."

"I completely forgot to ask you the main question. What's your room number?"

In a hesitant tone, I answer, "I'm in room 4D."

Her eyes widen in surprise, "4D? That's one of the best rooms, you have to show us your room. Have you finished unpacking? Maybe we could come by and help you."

I give her a thankful smile, "Thank you for offering but I'm halfway done, a few hours and it'll be over."

Adrien says, "By the way, your room's opposite Nik's. That floor has like the best rooms."

No fucking way. Why? "Bloody hell. My room's next to grumpy face? I want to bang my head against the wall and bleed out."

"That's a bit of an exaggeration. Nik's closed off but once he accepts you, he's real caring."

I mutter, "Well from what it looks like, he hates me and I've not given him a reason to do so. Yet. I can be extremely annoying and hateful."

Adrien pouts, ruffling my hair, "No you can't. You're like a big baby. You're literally the youngest among us."

I frown, "This doesn't mean you get to treat me like a kid."

Just as I was about to retort, I feel my phone vibrate in the pocket of my coat, I see it was Dad. I'd totally forgotten to call him.

"I'll catch you later. My dad's calling me."

They send me a smile, "Sure, see you later, kid."

I roll my eyes in playful annoyance and answer my phone.

"Hi Dad"

"Hi sweetheart, I heard what happened and your brother and his wife convinced me about how safe your new school is but that doesn't mean your Mum is forgiven for sending you away without telling me. Can you believe the audacity of that woman?"