five

Walking through the entrance of school, I realised the intensity of the situation

Walking through the entrance of school, I realised the intensity of the situation. I was the new girl and everyone stared right back at me. I tried to ignore the stares and the whispering but it seemed almost impossible. I walked to my locker which I found almost immediately as Valarie had shown me around yesterday.

As soon as I closed my locker, I saw a boy standing there, looking at me with a typical smirk. He shamelessly checked me out and I felt uncomfortable. I tried to walk past him when he grabbed my hand and slammed my back against the locker. I winced slightly and struggled to push him off me.

I seethe in annoyance, "What the hell is your bloody problem?"

"You"

I scoff, "I don't even know who you are and frankly, I don't think I care."

He arrogantly chuckles, "I'm Jake Chancellor, babe. You seriously think I'll buy your bullshit about not knowing me?"

I push him but he doesn't budge, "Get off me you prick."

He smiles menacingly, "You're a pretty little thing-"

"Chancellor, if I were you, I'd get my hands off her. Now."

I look over "Jake's" shoulder to see Lucas behind him, looking at him with a blank expression but the fiery look in his eyes said otherwise.

Jake tenses slightly but retorts immediately, "Oh look, the silent boy talks."

Lucas just says, "Oh look, the bastard breathes."

I almost laugh at that but I see Lucas get ahold of Jake's collar and push him off me, "I want no funny business near her or I'll hand your pathetic ass to Ryson."

I step closer to Jake and my knee hits his precious jewels. He winces in pain and falls to the floor, clutching them in pain. I give him a sweet sickening smile, "You come near me again and I'll eliminate the possibility of you ever being a father."

I see Lucas give me a proud look and I smile at him gratefully, "Thanks for that."

He nods in acknowledgment and starts walking in the opposite direction, most likely to his next class. I look at my schedule and see the first class I had was Chemistry. I sigh, trying to recollect the directions, I was walking when I felt someone catch up to me and say, "Hi, I saw what you did back there. Total badass move. I've never seen anyone stand up to Jake other than the five."

I blink in surprise and looked down to see a girl with black hair who was shorter than me, I was 5'9 and I couldn't really blame her. I smile awkwardly at her and nod.

"You look a little lost, what class do you have?"

I was lost and there was no way in hell I could find it in this enormously large school. I sigh, "Chemistry."

"Do you have Mr. Hudson?"

I look down at my schedule and reply, "Yeah."

"He's a wrinkly old man, if you're late to his class, he's your worst enemy. I can walk you to class." She then nervously adds, "if you don't mind, of course."

I smile gratefully, "That would be great."

She let out a short breathe and pointed towards the left and we started walking, she was short but surely walked fast. We reach the classroom and she looks at me, "I'm Stella."

"Audrey"

"Well, see you after class Audrey."

I nod, tilting my heads towards the door and then click the door open and I surely was late, Everyone had settled in their place and I saw Mr. Hudson who just turned his attention from the board to me. He gives me an assessing look and says, "Who might you be?"

The whole class turned their attention towards me as I say, "I'm the new student, Audrey Clark."

"You're late Miss Clark."

"I'm sorry. I had trouble finding my way around this place."

"Nevermind, if you're late next time, you stand out." He points next to a boy who has brown hair and looks like he couldn't care less about Chemistry, "Now take a seat next to Aaron Weston."

I nod quickly and look over at Aaron who let out a low groan of annoyance but moved over to make some space. I began taking notes and tried to pay attention when I noticed him constantly staring at me with a suspicious look in his eyes. After a lot of ignoring, I finally turned to face him, "May I help you?"

He just grins, "You offering?"

I roll my eyes at him, "Ew no."

He pouts playfully, "Did you just hear that? That was you shattering my heart into pieces."

I let out a short laugh, "Don't be dramatic."

He was good-looking, with reddish brown hair and hazel eyes. He had snuck an AirPod in his ear and was slightly humming to his music. "I'm pretty sure I'm your Chemistry Partner and I'm glad you're not snobby. It happened to me once last year and the girl was a snob who wouldn't do any experiment cause her nails would get trashed."

I chuckle, "Tough luck mate."

"So what's up newbie? The school upto your Brit standards?"

"First day's a pain but I hope it gets better."

He hums in response and the bell rings. We pack up our books and he turns to face me, while giving me a mock salute, "See ya."

I walk out of the class and see Stella waiting out for me, I wasn't used to people being so friendly to me and it honestly made me suspicious of their actions. Pushing my thoughts aside, I greet her with a smile.

"Did Aaron Weston just talk to you?"

Not knowing what she means by that I just nod, waving her off and the conversation gets awkward by the minute.

Her eyes widen in shock, "Holy shit, he doesn't talk to anyone. He's like the hot loner of the school."

I start walking towards my next class which was apparently English. As Stella was guiding me to the next class, I bump in to Adrien who immediately pulls me into a short hug. The short time I'd known him, I already felt myself getting used to his goofy nature. I chuckle and swat his hand away. He looks at me and asks, "How's it going so far, Aud? Anyone I need to punch?"

I give him a small smile, "I hope it gets better."

He pulls me in his direction and says, "Come on, we have English together."

I look towards Stella who was staring at me with wide eyes and I just looked confused, was Adrien really that popular? I send her an apologetic smile and she simply nods. I walk inside class the class with Adrien and take our seats at the back.

"Ms. Welsey's our teacher, she's hot, ya know?"

Right when he said that, Ms. Welsey walks in. She looked like a woman in her late 20s and was extremely gorgeous. I really couldn't blame Adrien.

I mouth to him, 'She's hot.'

He grins in agreement, giving me the I-told-you-so look. The rest of the class passes by in the blink of an eye with Adrien cracking lame jokes and making stupid theories about Shakespeare at which I laugh regardless. His presence gave me a sense of comfort and I couldn't be more grateful that I wasn't stuck alone in class.