•𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 9

𝚁𝚞𝚕𝚎 № 9

𝕹𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖑𝖔𝖘𝖊 𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖋𝖆𝖎𝖙𝖍 𝖎𝖓 𝖋𝖎𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖕𝖊𝖗𝖋𝖊𝖈𝖙 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖔𝖓𝖊

 (tw: mentions of alcohol and alcoholism, ptsd, child abuse, parental issues, death, panic attacks)

" We all eat the same meals... I mean Charity and I are perfectly fine. " - Doctor listened to her as she spoke, Marilla stand there with Charity, invested in their conversation. "If it's not food then what could it be..."- Marilla asked curiously.

" My guess is alcohol intoxication "

Rhody raised her brows in disbelief and looked over Marilla who also had a look of consternation on her face. Her thoughts immediately flew to young Charity who was sitting across the room, on an old floral couch, well-illustrated book in her hands, observing every little detail in it. She turned her gaze at the niece, commanding the girl to leave in the nicest possible way. Charity nodded, quietly got up and went upstairs. In a minute or less, women heard the door close from upstairs and turned their attention to the doctor who was standing there with crossed arms, waiting for women's reaction. 

" You know doctor... I'm begging you pardon, I might've forgotten your name."

" It's Dr. Ward Miss Edy."

Dr. Ward was a well-known doctor and a resident of Charlottetown. Physically he was a fair-sized man, partly bald with a suitable face for his age. He always had been an intelligent-looking gentleman. Since his young age, Ward's name was acknowledged by nearly all of the citizens of Charlottetown and Avonlea.

" Ah yes Dr. Ward... To be honest I don't think I can catch up, matter the fact I don't even understand what you mean by that..." 

But if Rhody was actually  honest, she would've already admitted the fact that she indeed knew what Dr. Ward meant when he made a preliminary diagnosis of alcohol intoxication. After her brother passed away, Rhody started burying her sorrow in alcohol. The woman loved pouring herself a liquor when she had to deal with a minor inconvenience. Poor little Rhody used to always quit, but she never really did...  She knew that the bad habit of drinking alcohol laid in the Edys' bloodline. In fact Rhody's mother (Y/N's grandmother ) also was an alcoholic who destroyed her and the children's life in the matter of minutes. Rhody always had the fear of one of her nieces becoming addicts and using alcohol as coping mechanism as she used to, or maybe still did.