1. FIRST IMPRESSION.

The door bell above jingles and I straighten my disheveled apron, hurrying back to the bakery. I stand behind the counter with a wide and warm smile, ready to welcome the customer that has just walked in but don't see anyone.

"Hello Miss, can i have two cinnamon rolls please." I hear a soft voice and look down seeing a small boy looking up at me with big baby blue eyes, holding some coins in his cute tiny hands.

A smile tugs on my lips as i look at him. Wondering if he is here alone by himself, my eyes trail around seeing a gigantic man dressed in a coal black suit standing by the door, fully alert with all his attention focused on us.

He straightens his dark shades, his in ear headset secured in place. A personal bodyguard.

Feeling a soft tap on my arm, i look down at the boy who is seemingly four years old. He smiles at me and i smile back, hurrying to the counter again and putting two cinnamon rolls in a paper bag for him.

He starts counting the coins in his hand loudly, his focus and concentration sorely on them. "One, two, three, four, six." He stops counting, scratching his head in confusion.

He starts counting again, his eyes still on the coins. "One, two, three, four, five, six. Yes."

He finally puts the coins on the counter and I give him the bag. The bodyguard smiles but stops when our eyes meet, his face back to the stern and stone cold one.

"Thank you miss." The boy smiles at me and it's so adorable I can't help but smile too.

"You are welcome." I tell him and he runs back to his bodyguard, clutching tightly on the paper bag with the cinnamon rolls.

The bodyguard holds his hand securely and opens the door. The boy pauses for a moment, turning to look at me again before they can walk out. "I like your blue hair." He says and I laugh touching my black bob hair with blue highlights.

"Thank you." I wave at him and they walk out of the bakery, the bodyguard opening the door to the black Ford Mustang GT.

With the smile still on my face, I hurry to the back leaving the bakery. I walk through the corridors telling my mum to go take over in serving the customers. It's my first day at work today and I'm both ecstatic and nervous.

After applying for a job in several companies and organizations, i finally got called in for a secretarial interview in one. I passed and today is going to be my first day as an employee of The Valentino Company, one of the most successful companies in the country and beyond.

The CEO has been crowned Business man of the year for five consecutive years now.

He's both authoritative and stern when it comes to work, demanding full dedication, commitment and focus. Even though he is super strict, he is pretty much laid back. I'm looking forward to meeting him one of these days because he inspires not only me but so many people when it comes to handling business matters.

"There you are!" I hear my bestfriend Viola's loud voice as she enters my room, the thick curls of her black mid length hair bouncing, her smooth and flawless skin glistening under the lights. I called her to come help me pick a good elegant dress for today. I want to try and make a good first impression at work that lasts.

Viola and i met at a music concert when we were both thrown out for trying to get in without tickets. They were sold out before we could purchase but we really wanted to attend the concert. Crazy, i know.

Not wanting to go back home we strolled around town talking about music and our favourite bands. We kept in contact and as time went by, we became good friends. Five years down the line, we are best friends.