3. EDEN.

PALOMA

Mr. Jay and I leave the office going to the elevator. It's time for his 1pm meeting with a client in High Park hotel. He stops by the private elevator as I walk past him to get in the public elevator.

"Miss. Paloma." He calls me and I walk back to him, the documents and iPad cradled safely in my arms. "Join me in this elevator, we are going to the same place so no need to part ways."

The door opens and we get inside. It closes and he hits the button for the ground floor, the elevator starting to move. We stand opposite each other and his eyes flick around the enclosed space before settling on my hair.

"Blue." He suddenly mutters, his mind seemingly far away. I look at him in confusion as he remains quiet, still in deep thought.

"Sir, are you ok?" I tap his arm when the elevator stops, the doors sliding open. That gets him out of his thoughts and we walk out.

"Yes I just remembered something that was mentioned to me." He says as the driver opens the door to the black Range rover and we get in.

Mr. Jay sighs leaning back on the seat and closing his eyes. I place the documents on my lap, looking out of the window. I am liking this personal assistant job because it keeps me alert, active and on my toes. I don't sit in my office all day but move around places.

I better not like it too much because I'm only doing it for a month.

"Wake me up when we get there." Mr. Jay sleepily says to me, his eyes still closed. I study his face seeing how flawless his skin is with just a light stubble. Atleast now he can rest and take a small break from handling the never ending phone calls and work.

After a while the car stops right infront of the hotel. I don't wake Mr. Jay up, letting him sleep until the client calls me to confirm that he has already arrived at the hotel.

I scroll through the endless emails, noting down the important points, projects and meeting requests with the apple pencil. Valentino company has so many potential investors wanting to be a part of the company. I'm not surprised though, it's success is so evident and it's still soaring to greater heights.

The client finally calls informing me that he has arrived. Hanging up, I turn to Mr. Jay waking him up.

Not getting any response, I tap his arm softly. Still no response I resort to the only way remaining of waking him up. "Mr. Jay!" I shout and he finally wakes up, looking around the car in confusion.

"The client is already here." I tell him and he yawns looking at me with sleepy eyes.

"You scared the shit out of me." He opens the door himself not waiting for his driver to do it. I laugh because of what he has just said, getting out as well.

Inside the hotel, we are led to the reserved table finding the client already sitted. He gets up greeting Mr. Jay and I before sitting down again.

I sit at another table not far from them as they start the discussion which becomes heated, Mr. Jay getting mad at some point and agreeing with what the other man is explaining on occasions. They laugh drinking the red wine and going through the documents.

Not wanting to be bored, I download fruit ninja and candy crush on the ipad, starting to play fruit ninja first. I slice the fruits with my all as if my life depends on it.

"Bye bye watermelon, you thought I couldn't slice your big ass!" I shout slicing the watermelons.

Looking up I find all the eyes of everyone in the hotel on me. I think I'm hearing cricket noises.