5. AWKWARD.

PALOMA.

I put on the black pant suit with black loafers, picking the curling iron and creating loose and neat retro waves on my bob hair. These past weeks I've been experimenting with different fabrics and mixing patterns that I'm comfortable with in my outfits. It's really fun to try out a variety of designs.

My parents got the contract to supply pastries to the company and they were beyond delighted, it's a big step for them and so many employees always look forward to eating the bagels, croissants, muffins and donuts that they supply. More customers have also been coming to the bakery.

Mr. Jay has been a really good boss to me all through the three weeks that I've been working for him. It's easy to communicate with him because he is always ready to listen.

He respects all his employees and sees them as his equal, regardless of his high rank. This has earned him the respect and loyalty of everyone in the company. Whenever he is on a business trip and doesn't come to the office, his absence is felt and he is missed.

It's good that he never stays long on the business trips, only takes a day or two and never exceeds that. I think he has a special person in his life that he never wants to be away from.

For the three weeks Mr. Jay and I have been working alongside each other, we have grown to be more open and free. We can joke around, make stupid jokes, laugh and talk about random things. We enjoy each other's company.

Too bad that only one week is remaining and the new personal assistant will be here. I'll have to be the secretary, it's the job and position that I was hired for. It's ok though because I got to work alongside someone who inspires me alot in business matters and I learnt so much from him.

I'm really thankful that he gave me that opportunity.

Eden has also been coming to the bakery more not just to buy cinnamon rolls but to visit me too. We play around sometimes and he keeps me company when I arrange more pastries in the display cases. His bodyguard is always by his side, watching us. All he has even said to me is a greeting.

Eden always talks about his papa and how much he loves him. Every time he buys cinnamon rolls, I make sure to put enough for him, his papa and uncle Milano who is the bodyguard.

From everything Eden has told me about his papa, I'm sure he is a really good man and loving father. I hope to meet him someday when he accompanies Eden to the bakery.

Passing by the bakery like I always do before going to work, I find my parents busy serving some customers. I hug them and decide to carry a few cinnamon rolls for Mr. Jay today this time to eat while drinking his coffee.

So many people are fond of my cinnamon rolls and maybe he will like them too.

I take a taxi to work, going to the break room as soon as arrive to make coffee. With the mug of black coffee and a serving plate of cinnamon rolls in hand, I carry them to the office finding Mr. Jay busy signing some contracts.

"Good morning Paloma." He says before I can greet him myself, looking away from the contract to me.

"Good morning sir."

He gets up and walks to the cabinets picking the public relations file. With a crisp white shirt, light grey pants and black loafers, he looks so smart and masculine as always.

His hair also looks great, he asked me yesterday to make a booking for him at the barbershop he usually goes to and the barber really did a good job with the haircut. It's classy and flattering.

"Your hair looks great." Mr. Jay says to me as he sits down putting the files on the table. "I like the retro waves on them."

I smile touching my hair. "Thank you. Your hair looks great too."